Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket
Android 8.0 - 8.1 Oreo

I've been using the printer for a few weeks now then suddenly streaks started appearing when I print. Tried resetting and cleaning using the card.  Any idea how to fix this? I tried googling alreadyhp.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@ThitChoLover

Welcome to HP Forums,

Let's get straight to it!

Have you ensured the genuine HP Zink photo paper is being used?

Did you charge the sprocket to full charge before using it, as a low charge could cause quality issues?

While you respond to that, here's what I recommend you do:

Step 1: Use genuine HP ZINK photo paper

ZINK makes custom photo paper for a variety of printers, such as Polaroid, LG, and HP. HP recommends using genuine HP ZINK Sprocket and Sprocket Plus Photo Paper for best results. HP cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of non-HP photo paper. If you do not use HP photo paper, the steps in this document might not resolve the issue.

To purchase genuine HP photo paper, go to the HP Sprocket homepage. You can also purchase HP photo paper through the HP sprocket app, and from other retailers.

If using genuine HP ZINK photo paper did not resolve the issue, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Charge the Sprocket

Check the battery level using the HP sprocket app to determine if the battery needs to be charged.

1. Turn on the Sprocket, and then open the HP sprocket app.

2. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

3. Tap Manage Printers, make sure your Sprocket is selected, and then tap Printer Settings.

4. Under the Status section, locate Battery.

• If the battery charge is 50% or higher, continue to the next step.

• If the battery charge is 49% or lower, charge the battery for at least 60 minutes, and then continue to the next step.

Step 3: Upgrade the Sprocket firmware

HP regularly releases firmware updates. Upgrading the firmware might resolve the issue.

1. Make sure the Sprocket is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.

2. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

3. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

4. Tap Printer Settings, and then look for a firmware upgrade.

• If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

• If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the firmware is up-to-date.

After the firmware is updated, send a print job. If the print quality is unacceptable, continue to the next step.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 4 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Didn't help sadly

HP Recommended

@ThitChoLover

Thank you for responding,

This is the Riddle_Decipher, again!

If none of the steps suggested in my post helped, including the ones in the article I had shared,

Please refer to my private message for further instructions to resolve this issue:

I suggest you check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, using the blue envelope: 

Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

I hope your day gets better, good luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem too

HP Recommended

@sjang88, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If you have already performed all the troubleshooting steps from this document HP Sprocket Printers - Improving Print Quality and still have issues, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried all the solution but still the same... when I start print , the roller got sound and bit jam 

HP Recommended

@sjang88

Looks like it is a hardware issue. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.