Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP SPROUT
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have just bought the HP SPROUT and regularly use Paperport 14 Professional  but Paperport cannot see the Sprout's internal Document Scanner

Has anyone else had the same problem and have they found a Driver, fix or work-around solution

I suffer with Alzheimers so rely heavily on Paperport for Document Storage and retrieval

Any help or advice much appreiated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sprout's "document scanner" is actually the high-resolution camera. As such, it appears to the system as a camera (and not as a scanner). Not sure how Paperport handles cameras as document sources... Or if external scans can be imported (ie if you scanned in using the workspace). In case of Sprout Pro there seems to be a dedicated HP Scan app that does the scanning, not sure if that is (or is going to be) available for the Marketplace.

Employed by HP, but my posts and opinions on this forum are my own

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Sprout's "document scanner" is actually the high-resolution camera. As such, it appears to the system as a camera (and not as a scanner). Not sure how Paperport handles cameras as document sources... Or if external scans can be imported (ie if you scanned in using the workspace). In case of Sprout Pro there seems to be a dedicated HP Scan app that does the scanning, not sure if that is (or is going to be) available for the Marketplace.

Employed by HP, but my posts and opinions on this forum are my own
HP Recommended

You can download HP SCan from Market Place ( just posted) and install it.

Inside the PaperPort app you will need to open ‘Scanner Settings’ and select ‘HP TWAIN’ as your scanner. Then use PaperPort normally.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.