Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
E0K20UAR
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I ordered new recovery media kit via hp support online for my HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j073ca Notebook PC. 

After received the flash drive I tried the steps I got the error message 0xffee018 

When i brought the laptop it came with Win 8.1 and i upgrade to win 10 

is there Dim tool to fix this?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Phreveonon,

Have you changed out some hardware in that laptop prior to doing a reinstal of the OS?

The HP DMI tool is only available to authorized HP personnel.

It would be best to contact HP Support for the error. If the recovery media is wrong or faulty in some way, they will exchange it.

HP Recommended

no hw changes in my laptop..

but it came with win 8 and i updated to win 10. is that a problem ?

couldnt reach the correct Customer Support #... i brought this media recovery kit via hp support online

HP Recommended

I dont know what number you are calling or what country you are in, but I would continue to contact them.

If your number does not work, try the msg or email option via this link...

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

HP Recommended

Option given by hp support

Send the laptop to HP for $270 to fix it..

HP Recommended

Is that what a Rep told you or the info in the support page?

I would ask to speak to someone about the issue to find out if the media is working.

Other than that, I could not help you here.

Sorry.

HP Recommended

Yes it was the option from the Rep via phone.

HP Recommended

Best I can offer is to ask to speak to the floor manager and explain the situation to him/her.

See if they can exchange the USB recovery media of if they can advise any other info.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.