Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@mp3lll wrote:

Hello.

Just Install this one.

http://adbdriver.com/upload/AdbDriverInstaller.exe

and Hp will be work fine as Usb debugging and you can use eclipse, no need to add any 0x to Ini file or Hp.

Yanir.

In my case, this gets blocked by Norton Security as 'unsafe'.  What does it do ?

HP Recommended

Automatically updates the ADB.

HP Recommended

Does anyone know anything about "adbdriver.com" The installer has no certificate, and it's difficult to judge from their website what sort of outfit they are. 

HP Recommended

Right on, that works.

Here's my clarification of the procedure:

-- add following two lines to *USER*/.android/adb_usb.ini (replace *USER* with logged in user on this computer, i.e. your user name on the computer):
        #HP VID
        0x03F0
    -- add following lines to C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver\android_winusb.inf
        in section [Google.NTamd64] (put it last, under ";Google Nexus (generic)")
        ; HP
        %SingleAdbInterface%        = USB_Install, USB\VID_03F0&PID_5E1D
        %CompositeAdbInterface%     = USB_Install, USB\VID_03F0&PID_5D1D&MI_01
        %CompositeAdbInterface%     = USB_Install, USB\VID_03F0&PID_601D&MI_01
    -- Go to device manager in control panel, double click the HP device
        -- add the driver by clicking "Hardware" tab
        -- click "Properties" button
        -- click "Change Settings" button
        -- click "Driver" tab
        -- click "Update Driver" button
        -- click "Browse my computer for driver software"
        -- enter the path to the inf file you just added the device to above,
            C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver\android_winusb.inf
        -- click "Next" button
        -- click "OK" to install un-recognized driver
        -- when finished disconnect the HP 7 Slate
        -- restart the computer
        -- connect the HP 7 slate
        -- start eclipse, and the device should appear in debug configurations (and in command shell with command "adb devices")

Have fun, thanks all.

HP Recommended

I tried manually editing the google drivers with the above method to a T, but upon attempting manually installing the usb drivers in the device manager, the install fails, telling me that the drivers had an incorrect hash and could not be installed because the driver may have been tampered with. Of course it was tampered with, I added the tablet to it 🙂 How can I get the driver to install or overcome this barrier?

HP Recommended

Try running the installation as administrator.

If that doesn't work maybe you can find something in my xda thread here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2422353

HP Recommended

Thanks Henry

I also found  a good nexus 7 tutorial at http://zacktutorials.blogspot.ca/2012/08/nexus7-android-development.html which worked me through some of the other issues. Steps were identical on the Slate.

HP Recommended

Hola 
TEngo un preguta sobre este comentario 
Soy nuevo en la programacion y aun mas en el lenguaje de android

tengo una tabla slate 7 y al conectarla a mi pc no la reconoce el eclipse como emulador 
medijeron que necesitaba un drver ADB pero no se donde buscarlo  y en este comentario encontre que se genera pero 

este codigo donde se ejecuta
echo 0x03F0 >>% HOMEPATH% \. android \ adb_usb.ini

y esto en donde se busca 

Añadir a continuación las secciones y guardarlo,

; HP 
% SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB \ VID_03F0 & PID_5E1D 
% CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB \ VID_03F0 & PID_5D1D y MI_01 
% CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB \ VID_03F0 & PID_601D y MI_01

3. Manual de instalación del controlador para el dispositivo del Administrador de dispositivos.

Después de todos estos hechos, reiniciar el servicio de ADB para comprobar que el dispositivo (adb devices)

que pena la molestia pero me gustaria una esplicacion con mas detalle

HP Recommended

What about the Slate 7 Extreme ? I've followed the instructions here, the driver seems to satisfy Windows 7 - no more yellow mark. But adb devices lists nothing, even after reboot of computer or when using kill-server. Is the Extreme one a different ID ?

Thanks.

HP Recommended
I've also tried using this driver, with the same modification as mentioned here - still no luck.
http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/04/08/with-the-help-of-the-xda-community-koush-releases-a-universa...
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.