Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp stream laptop 14-ax030wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Maximum amount of microSD memory that can be added to the HP Stream laptop
14-ax030wm

Thank you.
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @atdest, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you would like to know what is the maximum SD card capacity used on your laptop.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any hardware or software changes on your PC?

As you mentioned you would like to know what is the maximum SD card capacity used on your laptop.

The SD card slot should support up to 128 GB.

However, to be on a safer side I would suggest you use 64GB maximum SD card on a safer side.

Also, if you concerned about the hard drive space on your PC try the steps recommended below to solve the issue.

Please try the steps recommended below.

Deleting temporary files and directories increases hard disk space and reduces the time Windows takes to access the hard drive. Windows uses a TEMP directory to temporarily store files intended only for short-term use. Over time, these files might not be removed and can build up and cause problems.
To delete these files, follow these steps:
Close all open software programs.
If you are using Windows 10, do the following:
In Windows search, type disk cleanup.
Select Disk Cleanup from the results.
The Disk Cleanup: Drive Selection window opens.
Select the drive you want to clean up from the drop-down menu and click OK.
A message opens stating that Disk Cleanup is calculating how much space can be freed.
Place a checkmark next to the types of files you want the Disk Cleanup utility to delete. Temporary files are safe to delete.
   CAUTION:
Selecting some options can have a negative effect. If you are unsure about what to delete, do not delete files until you know which ones are important.
Click OK.
Click Delete Files.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot low disk space on your PC.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope this answers your query!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.