Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Spectre X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

having tried everything that I could find on the web but still no luck with fixing this isssue.

The screen of this wonderful machine does not want to autorotate.

Yes the autorotation button is greyed out.

When I 'fold' the convertible to tent position ,this button comes to life but does nothing.

Yes autorotation register settings are set to 1 on except for last orientation(0) .

All drivers are to the latest and greatest including the bios  and hp assistant is all updated and in the green.

My guess is I need to downgrade a driver to have the x360 full functionality... ??

Any solution  please ?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Spectrx360

Which model do you have? I am guessing this is a new purchase, correct?

I would contact HP Support directly for a warranty issue.

Its possible something went wrong with the Digitizer.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

HP Recommended
Thanks!,

Its a 15 inch one,that is about 1 yo.
Autorotation stopped working after some of the software updates,as I tend to be well updated bc security.

In my research on the webs this to be the case with fellow HP 360x convertible users on W10.

Very frustrating as I wanted to use the unit in tent mode which is now impossible.
HP Recommended

It happend after Windows updated?

Have you tried reverting back to a Restore Point to see if it works again?

Knowing what update causes the issue would help.

Windows has a tool that can prevent a certain update from reinstalling, if you know what update is the culprit.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3183922/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-windows-update-from-re...

Other than that, If you are still under warranty, contact Support and see what they can do.

HP Recommended
Cheers to that !

Not sure what has happened,anyway Its a pity to not have the functionality as advertised ..

Any further suggestions to solve this nagging issue definately welcome.

HP Recommended

I had the exact same problem on my Spectre x360 (about 2 year old machine) and it happened after the Fall Creators update (v1709) installed on 11/30/17. I tried a lot of different things:

- Downloaded the Intel Integrated Sensors driver (sp76166) from the HP website for my product (13-4105dx). This driver package fails to install and returns an error message indicating that it's not supported on "this PC". I tried an older version I had downloaded a year ago which worked back then, but it also now fails with the same error message. I suspect that Intel has not updated this install package (it's from intel but on the HP support site) to be compatible with the latest Windows 10 updates. HP REALLY needs to fix this driver package.

- Kept changing the autorotation option in the registry to "enable=1", but it kept resetting itself to "0" after each reboot. It's as W10 did not think my laptop was supported for autorotation.

- Tried installing "Legacy Hardware" drivers from device manager, but that sensor driver (had the same name) failed to start.

A new Fall Creators update was just released to "roll up" a set of fixes (this problem was not listed as one, but it's been reported by a lot of folks with HP and non-HP convertible style laptops). I let that install and voila, it's now working. I've not rebooted since restarting after the update so I won't call victory until it works consistently for a week or more. 

BTW, I had this same problem a year ago with the same behavior. The Anniversary update fixed the problem then. It seems that these W10 updates have a tendancy to break the IIS sensor functionality. Ironically, a major update can also fix the issue as well.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.