Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-16-2018 08:19 AM
I need some help. I purchased this laptop 10 months back, but lately, i have been experiencing battery drain while laptop is turned off. (with Keyboard atatched). In one night, i saw 15% drain .
I have updated by laptop with most upto date drives and BIOS version 01.27 Rev.A.
I still have warrently left, not sure what should I do ? Should I take it to service center or it is a software issue ?
Hopeing to find a solution. Thank you,
01-16-2018 03:52 PM
The battery is perhaps in need of calibration.
Batteries do age -- as they get older, they don't behave as they did when they were new.
My suggestions.. at the least:
- Check / Test for calibration.
- Check / Read the document about Warranties for Business Notebooks (I believe this may apply in spite of the fact that your system is a tablet - I could be wrong.)
- Contact HP and ask for help -- warranty coverage is good for business notebooks and you will likely get the information / help you need.
Things that are the Battery
The solution includes a link to an article that explains Smart Battery Technology:
Battery use and care, how batteries perform over time, and expected battery life.
Battery having trouble?
The battery might be OK and just need calibration (balance / set).
The steps to check / calibrate / replace the battery are included in this document:
Calibrate the Battery -- Link for Windows 10:
Document includes information and link for using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) and / or using the HP Support Assistant to test the battery.
If you determine that you need to purchase a battery or charger for your computer, you may find the part(s) in HP PartSurfer.
- Select your Country
- Enter your device Product Number, Serial Number, or Part Number in the Quick Search box
- HINT: To see a system-specific list, replace the Product Number with your device Serial Number
- Items accompanied by a tiny box in the Add-to-Cart column are available for purchase
Parts marked as available for purchase might be available from: HP Parts Store
Use your search engine to find the part at your favorite online store.
The battery might be on a Recall List:
Tips for extending / improving battery service
Business Notebooks – “Ship” mode for notebook battery storage – Important Information
HP Contact Information – Sales, Technical Support, other Contacts
Scams and Unscrupulous Contacts – Please READ:
Be aware of scams, thieves, and vermin that infest the underbelly of the forum.
These people are NOT here to help you.
Signs of Vermin:
- Do not respond to “for hassle free help – call us at this number” messages.
- HP does not post unsolicited private messages that contain embedded phone numbers or email addresses.
- HP does NOT sign email or messages as “Helpdesk”, “TechHelp”, “TechDesk” or similar.
- Verify all phone numbers against HP Contact information in HP Documents.
- HP will not call you to tell you there is a problem on your computer.
- HP will not call you and ask for your personal information.
- HP will not call you to offer you money.
- HP will not insist that you let the technician log into your computer.
- HP will not tell you your computer is full of malware and then offer to sell you a “plan”.
- Avatars and "HP" emblems inside an email or message can be faked.
HP and Forum Community HP Experts do NOT message, call, or email you and promise to fix a problem if you would just "call this number", give out your personal information, promise your first-born child, provide a credit card number.
HP Contact Options…
Open Browser to HP Forum,
Scroll down to the bottom of the page,
Click Contact HP
Technical Support Details
USA / Canada
- Submit information online: HP Customer Support - USA / Canada - Contact
- Sign in or continue as a guest
- For faster support, submit information online HP Customer Support - UK - Contact
- Contact Phone: Contact HP UK – Phone Assist
- Contact Information: HP World-Wide Support
Additional Information - "Things that are HP"
Need help finding your computer?
Visual search-and-click to assist finding your computer model
Help to find Product Information:
- Finding your Serial Number
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model or Printer Number?
- HP Devices – Find Product Number
NOTE: Use the "multiple systems" method to check your single system or multiple systems
- If necessary, Select your Country on the main website page
- Scroll down > To the right of Check multiple warranties, Click Continue
- Enter Serial Number and Countryfor one or more devices / systems to be checked
- Click the box to verify you are "Not a robot"
- Click Submit(at bottom of list entries)
- When the page opens, Click View Details
Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!
Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.