cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Nik_HK
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Battery Drain on HP Elite X2 1012 G1

HP Recommended
HP Elite x2 1012 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I need some help. I purchased this laptop 10 months back, but lately, i have been experiencing battery drain while laptop is turned off. (with Keyboard atatched). In one night, i saw 15% drain . 

I have updated by laptop with most upto date drives and BIOS version 01.27 Rev.A. 

I still have warrently left, not sure what should I do ? Should I take it to service center or it is a software issue ?

Hopeing to find a solution. Thank you, 

Cheers,

Nik 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
30,907 30,610 2,796 10,266
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Nik_HK

The battery is perhaps in need of calibration.

Batteries do age -- as they get older, they don't behave as they did when they were new.  

My suggestions.. at the least:

• Check / Test for calibration.
  • Check / Read the document about Warranties for Business Notebooks (I believe this may apply in spite of the fact that your system is a tablet - I could be wrong.)
  • Contact HP and ask for help -- warranty coverage is good for business notebooks and you will likely get the information / help you need.

Things that are the Battery

Accepted Solution - Battery won't Charge or Battery won't Hold a Charge

The solution includes a link to an article that explains Smart Battery Technology:  

Battery use and care, how batteries perform over time, and expected battery life.

Battery having trouble?

The battery might be OK and just need calibration (balance / set).

The steps to check / calibrate / replace the battery are included in this document:

HP Notebook PCs - HP Battery Alert Appears Before Windows Starts

Calibrate the Battery -- Link for Windows 10:

Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)

Document includes information and link for using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) and / or using the HP Support Assistant to test the battery.

If you determine that you need to purchase a battery or charger for your computer, you may find the part(s) in HP PartSurfer.

Open PartSurfer

• Select your Country
  • Enter your device Product Number, Serial Number, or Part Number in the Quick Search box
  • HINT: To see a system-specific list, replace the Product Number with your device Serial Number
  • Items accompanied by a tiny box in the Add-to-Cart column are available for purchase

Parts marked as available for purchase might be available from:  HP Parts Store

OR

Use your search engine to find the part at your favorite online store.

The battery might be on a Recall List:

HP Replacement programs and product recalls

Semi-Related:

HP Notebook PC AC Power Cord Safety Recall and Replacement Program - August 26, 2014

Tips for extending / improving battery service

Microsoft - Battery saving tips

Business Notebooks – “Ship” mode for notebook battery storage – Important Information

Advisory: HP Notebook PCs - Batteries May Not Charge After Extended Storage Period

Notice: HP Business Notebooks - Understanding Battery Warranties for Business Notebooks

HP Contact Information – Sales, Technical Support, other Contacts 

Scams and Unscrupulous Contacts – Please READ:

Be aware of scams, thieves, and vermin that infest the underbelly of the forum. 

These people are NOT here to help you.

AND

Signs of Vermin:

• Do not respond to “for hassle free help – call us at this number” messages.
  • HP does not post unsolicited private messages that contain embedded phone numbers or email addresses.
  • HP does NOT sign email or messages as “Helpdesk”, “TechHelp”, “TechDesk” or similar.
  • Verify all phone numbers against HP Contact information in HP Documents.
  • HP will not call you to tell you there is a problem on your computer.
  • HP will not call you and ask for your personal information.
  • HP will not call you to offer you money.
  • HP will not insist that you let the technician log into your computer.
  • HP will not tell you your computer is full of malware and then offer to sell you a “plan”.
  • Avatars and "HP" emblems inside an email or message can be faked.

HP and Forum Community HP Experts do NOT message, call, or email you and promise to fix a problem if you would just "call this number", give out your personal information, promise your first-born child, provide a credit card number.

HP Contact Options…

Open Browser to HP Forum,

Scroll down to the bottom of the page,

Click Contact HP

Click Support

Follow instructions

Technical Support Details

USA / Canada

1. Submit information online: HP Customer Support - USA / Canada - Contact
  2. Sign in or continue as a guest

UK

1. For faster support, submit information online HP Customer Support - UK - Contact
  2. Contact Phone: Contact HP UK – Phone Assist

Everywhere else

1. Contact Information: HP World-Wide Support

Additional Information - "Things that are HP"

HP on Facebook

Need help finding your computer?

Visual search-and-click to assist finding your computer model

Help to find Product Information:

Warranty Check

NOTE:  Use the "multiple systems" method to check your single system or multiple systems

• If necessary, Select your Country on the main website page
  • Scroll down > To the right of Check multiple warranties, Click Continue
  • Enter Serial Number and Countryfor one or more devices / systems to be checked
  • Click the box to verify you are "Not a robot"
  • Click Submit(at bottom of list entries)
  • When the page opens, Click View Details

Warranty Dispute

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation