Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 15-BS180TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've an issue with battery icon. I'm using windows 10. When I place mouse pointer to the battery icon shows 53% and at the same time I click on the battery icon it indicates 52%. Is this a hardware issue? Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Asmita, 

Thank You for spending some minutes for me. That issue is solved now. I have checked for windows update, and updated to latest windows. Now the battery wrong percentage issue is solved. i think it's an OS bug.

After Update: 

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

Before Update :

Screenshot (138).pngScreenshot (139).pngj

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@jishnu_nk

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Support Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, there's an issue with the battery.

Don't worry, I'm here to help! To better assist you - 

1) Were there any recent changes made to the computer? 
2) Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own before posting here? 

While you respond to that, let's try these steps -

Step 1 Hard Reset -
1) Shutdown the computer. 
2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected. 
3) Remove the Battery. 
4) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds. 
5) Plug-in the Adapter and put the Battery back into the computer. 
6) Try to turn on the computer. 

Step 2 BIOS Defaults -
1) Shutdown the computer. 
2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears. 
3) Press F10 once for BIOS. 
4) Press F9 for BIOS defaults. 
5) Press F10 to save and exit. 

Also, try updating the BIOS

Hope this helps!

Let me know how that goes.

To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access your public post and Select - "Accept as solution" and click on the  "Thumbs up". 

Have a great day ahead 🙂

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Asmita, 

Thank You for spending some minutes for me. That issue is solved now. I have checked for windows update, and updated to latest windows. Now the battery wrong percentage issue is solved. i think it's an OS bug.

After Update: 

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

Before Update :

Screenshot (138).pngScreenshot (139).pngj

HP Recommended

@jishnu_nk

Happy to hear that. 

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.