Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
POH64EA#ABU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have tried to reset my hp x2 210 Tablet back to the factory defaults. I left it doing this when i went back to it it was turned off so i powered it back up to come up with a screen saying:

Boot Device Not Found

Please install an operating system on your hard disk.

Hard Disk (3F0)

F2 System Diagnostics

For more information, please visit: www.hp.com/go/techcenter/setup

I have done all of the things on that link and nothing as i cant change boot to go from usb and cant get into the recovery bit all it seems i can press is F2 system Diagnostics which they all come back as passed and OK and F10 for the BIOS. I have tried to use the recovery usb i made just after setting it all up when i first got it but it wont load from it as unable to choose the usb.

Please any help will be a big help with this as i don't want to bin this as it was working fine before.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Lambourne82,

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case relating to the computer not booting to windows. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description, brilliant troubleshooting and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this.

• Did you run the complete hardware extensive diagnostics on the computer?

For a start please try these steps:

• Please perform a hard reset on the computer from this link: http://hp.care/2nwQ054
  • Then try to perform a Microsoft Push button reset from this link: http://hp.care/2sGcqPU and check if the issue gets resolved. You could try a regular reset also.

If it still continues then you will need to order recovery media from HP phone support to perform a complete system recovery to factory settings. This should fix the issue for you.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP

• Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
  • Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
  • Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
  • Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂 Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey 

Thanks for getting back to me on this matter i have done all things you have said to do and with no luck to getting this resolved. The only other thing I can do now is to try and ring the Best2Serve support team and hope that they can help with this. Once again thanks for you help on this matter.

@DavidSMP wrote:

Hi @Lambourne82,

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case relating to the computer not booting to windows. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description, brilliant troubleshooting and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this.

• Did you run the complete hardware extensive diagnostics on the computer?

For a start please try these steps:

• Please perform a hard reset on the computer from this link: http://hp.care/2nwQ054
  • Then try to perform a Microsoft Push button reset from this link: http://hp.care/2sGcqPU and check if the issue gets resolved. You could try a regular reset also.

If it still continues then you will need to order recovery media from HP phone support to perform a complete system recovery to factory settings. This should fix the issue for you.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP

• Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
  • Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
  • Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
  • Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂 Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi @Lambourne82,

I am the The_Fossette. It looks like you were interacting with @DavidSMP, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

I recommend you to perform a hardware test on your computer to make sure whether it is hardware or a software issue.

Follow the steps in the below article to run the test.

http://hp.care/2qZsTQ9

Let me know how it goes.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Ive followed these steps and still didnt get any wear. I phoned up the best2serve help line who put me onto a tech person who said they could help and this is able to be resolved over the phone. So the passed me back to another person to pay the £33.99 then passed me back to the tech. Even tho i told them i had followed the steps on this on here and on there internet site. I was told they still had to do it with them on the phone and at the end of the call it will be back up and running. Then after all the steps I did again and still got no wear with it only to be told oh you need to send it in and will cost another £92. So why lie to me or others saying this can be fixed over the phone when it can't so i just wasted my money on the thinking and mislead that it was going to be fixed at the end when its not so now am left out of pocket and still no up and running comouter. Seem that best2serve seems to be a con when they lie and say it can be fixed over the phone when it clearly cant. Ive asked for a refund as ive did every thing before i talked to them thinking there going to tell me to do somthing that's not on the web site. £33.99 out of pocket DONT CALL BEST2SERVE
HP Recommended

@Lambourne82

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options, if any. You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends).

Response times may vary by region. Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.