Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Nobody is interested in this issue, l think it's time to bin the HP products😣

HP Recommended

Hi @Cumbria,

Thank you for posting on HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I see from the post that you are having issues with your HP Chrome not working. Don't worry I'll be really glad to help you with this.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is the product number of your product? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

What exactly seems to be the issue?

Could you please elaborate more on this issue as this will help me in further assisting you?

Please respond to this post with the details for further assistance.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The link you posted does not work, just like the product!:smileyfrustrated:

HP Recommended

Hi @Cumbria,

Thank you for replying,

I'm glad you pointed as I might have missed out on that, don't worry I'll provide you the link once again.

Link to find the product number of your PC: HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

I hope this information helps. 

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi Cumbria & Jeet_singh.

Yes, Chrome is not working on HP tablets and despite all our posts and requests, no fix is forthcoming. It seems both HP and Google are ignoring the issue and neither providing any resolution.

Worst still, is that I tried v60 Chrome beta and the same problem and symptoms exist - suspect as it's the same code-base with same bug. Very frustrating that nobody is listening and all user reports are being ignored.

I have asked for the standard HP android browser installation pak (apk) for my HP tablet; but my post (here) has no reply from HP, as of yet.

I too am beginning to feel that a move away from HP tablets may be the answer.

If you look through this post history, we are all going around in circles and there are no answers or fixes; a response to try thus or that is not a fix!

All very frustrating, many months after problems reported.
HP Recommended

Hi @Pip007,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I understand you are having issues with chrome, I would suggest you could try to uninstall this app and then reinstall it as well as you could try to check with different browser and check if that helps.

If this is an issue with the chrome itself, I would suggest you contact google for further assistance.

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Please take the time to read the previous posts on this thread and particularly my comments about going around in circles.

AS I HAVE ALREADY ADVISED..

I have re-installed Chrome and reported to Google - no response.

Android forums identify this as an issue with HP Slate notebooks no longer working with Chrome.

Google have ignored multiple requests for help and feedback on the issue; hence this thread with HP.

I have EXPLICITLY asked for .apk for standard Android browser for HP tablets - no response!

Please read the thread before posting any further bland and unhelpful reply.

I am unable to recognise your help as you are not proving any!

HP Recommended
Well put, as I said it's time to bin HP products. I am now opting for a Ms surface pro.
There will soon be lots of HP slates on eBay!😂
HP Recommended

Hi, it seems that this Chrome app is no longer working on the HP Slate. After reading this whole thread, and reinstalling and doing a factory reset mysef, the problem persists... please, we'd appreciate if you could get serious on this.

thanks for your help!!

HP Recommended

Well it still looks like HP and Google are not interested in this problem. Time to ditch the slate and HP as they don't seem to provide any useful support.

OhI hope others feel the same, come on HP get your finger out and fix it!😴

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.