Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi

I'm new to this site and recently got a touchpad through work. I went to two different Coffee Bean locations, it connects to the WiFi but after entering in the passcode nothing happens than i get the error of can't connect to internet and i get the network set up icon so i click that it brings me to the page of where i have to enter in the access code for Coffee Bean.

I have no problem connecting via my iphone, laptop or netbook at both of these locations. At home and work the touchpad connects to wifi no problem. Am i doing something wrong or do i need to set something else up or missing something? Please advise

Thanks for your help. Sorry if this has been covered before i tried searching but came up with nothing.

Thanks

Craig   

Post relates to: HP TouchPad (WiFi)

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

This sounds like a captive portal set up at these locations. You should be able to connect to captive portal page. Are you being directed to a web page to enter a code? Are you receiving a trust certificate message? If so you need to choose to trust the certificate, or trust certificate once. Then you should be able to connect and browse.

HP Recommended

Yes when i go to a web page it brings up their page for me to read the agreement and enter the numeric password and after i do that it doesn't direct me anywhere it keeps going back to that same page to enter the password which i keep entering. Then i close that out and try another page but that is where i get the error no internet connection and the little Network setting thing pops up at the top.   

HP Recommended

Are you seeing the following on bottom of your screen?

Captive Portal Detected on WiFi.

Choose:

• Trust Certificate
  • Trust Certificate Once
  • Don’t Trust Certificate

Then follow steps on the screen to connect.

HP Recommended

I didn't see that on the bottom. I will try again this weekend and see if that comes up but i don't recall seeing that because after i entered the code i closed the page and tried to open the web browser and that's when i got the error can't connect to internet and the network icon popping up to the left of the search icon on the top right even though the wifi icon was on.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Next time try leaving the page open where you entered the code, and tap the web browser icon again to open a new page.  Navigate to wherever you wish on this new page.

WyreNut 

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with Coffee Bean wifi network. Touchpad connects to the network and when you open the browser, you are taken to coffee bean's authentication page. But when you enter the pass code, the same authentication page appears again and again. When I enter the password, the same page comes again with NULL passoword field.

Although my pre2 and macbook were able to connect...

I did not see the captive options anywhere.

Thanks,

Abhi

HP Recommended

The "NULL password field" message indicates that the password entered in not being seen by their CP page for some reason. After you enter the passphrase are you clicking on a button on the CP page, or just taping on enter? If there is a button on the CP page to accept the passphrase try using this.

If you are doing this the only other solution I can think of would be to contact Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf's IT dept. to see if they can help you with this authentication issue.

HP Recommended

yes - I pressed the submit button on the webpage. I read another thread that there can be some problems with wifi networks that use certain authentications schemes. It is here - 

http://forums.hpwebos.com/t5/HP-TouchPad-Software-Hardware/ISSUE-Wifi-and-Enterprise-Networks-No-PEA...

Are these two issues related?

Abhi

HP Recommended

No, because you are able to connect to the Wi-Fi access point but you are not able to get past the Captive Portal login page. On the other discussion the Touchpad users are not able to connect to the network at all.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.