Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Example: coolpad

Cooling fan is not working properly

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Lap Top Cooling Fan is Not Operating Properly

Product Model IS-bu145TU

HP Recommended

@Seenappa_1968,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I see from your post that you are having issues with the cooling fan not working on your HP notebook. Don't worry I'll be glad to help you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is the product number of your notebook? Use this link to find it:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Did you try to update the bios and check again?

Does the computer randomly overheat, freeze or shut down?

Did this happen after a recent software or windows update?

This looks like a possible hardware failure, however, I would suggest you try these steps here before confirming this to be a hardware failure.

Let's start off by updating the Bios on your computer from our HP support website, using this link. Once done, restart the computer and check if it gets fixed.

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to run an extensive system test from F2(Please capture the failure ID for further assistance).

If the test fails then this clearly indicates a possible hardware failure with the fan. 

I will share you a private message with details. Please watch your inbox for more information.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as Solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.