Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elite x3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I close my cover or even just leave the phone sitting, the screen does not shut off. I have set the lock screen timeout to 30 seconds, and the screen will go from whatever I was on last (i.e. email or texting), to the lock screen. There it sits indefinitly. How do I fix this?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

The only way I have found is to restart by holding the powerbutton until it restarts.

This is sad but It seems to be a common problem sice the so called creators update. Lets hope microsoft will ship an update soon, it is sort of urgent if there shall be a massiva number of returned phones. 

Since the update a restart or two per day is what is take - sad, really sad.

HP Recommended

Hello.

I am having the same issue. It did not start happening until I started using the folio case. I have noticed that for the most part it does not happen as long as I do not open and close the case too many times over a short span of time, but from time to time the screen simply remains on, even with the case closed. Still, it should not happen at all.

I will be looking forward to an update that fixes this, as my main concern is battery life being wasted.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I do the same thing - restart the phone, that is. I do not like doing that, since other than the screen remaining on there is really nothing else wrong. Should we try and rollback to an earlier version?

HP Recommended

This happens with my phone in or out of the case. Also it has started doing it backwards. The screen will not turn on even though I can hear the click from the finger print recognition. Also the red light for the facial recognition comes on. Again, the only way to fix it I have found is to soft reset the phone.

HP Recommended

So, the folio case is not to blame. Thanks for putting my mind at ease with that. I was beginning to think that a folio case that causes my phone to misbehave was far too expensive, on top of the 60 +/- CAD it cost me.

I stopped using the iris recognition and it did help reduce the recurrence of the problem. And yes, soft reset is the way to go. 

HP Recommended

Agree, since I did a reflash I havent used the iris login, only fingerprint.

I have not seen this particular issue any more - good, only some occational freezes for unknown reasons - usually resumes working after a little while. Maybe something with internet explorer since it is usually while browsing.

HP Recommended
I face this issue (black screen, screen freezes..), and when I removed the folio case for 3 weeks, all screen issues gone! When I put on the folio, the screen issue came back
HP Recommended

I must say I have not faced the screen issue in about a month, and have never stopped using the folio case. I want to think a bug fix was sent OTA, but cannot confirm.  Still, I am a happy customer now.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.