Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have the same issue screen blinks black but then turns back on when locking

also screen does the reverse goes black and never turns back on however i can here the audio such as screen capture

I am using the folio case 
i guess i could try to not use it but it is my only case so i would have to get a new one

please hp if your listening this is a big issue

i have reset my phone several times and turned many features off

the issue always comes back

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
Try activating iris scanner and fingerprint reader for unlocking the phone and then reboot. See if the issue still occurs.
HP Recommended

I have been struggling with this issue from the moment I received my phone. This happens with or without the case, Iris scanner or fingerprint log in. I have trouble shooted it every way possible, but it appears HP doesn't care about it because they have yet to address it, whether in the forums or direct communication. The fact that it is still an issue tells me they have no intention on fixing it.

HP Recommended
Sad to hear that. I would RMA the device, could be a hardware defect as well!
HP Recommended
I would believe that if it wasn't so prolific. Everywhere I have looked about it online leads me to dozens of people with the issue. That is too many cases for it to be a random issue in a few bad phones for my taste. Now whether its an HP issue or Windows issue, I couldn't tell you. Other than the screen issue the phone works flawlessly. I would be happy if HP would just address the issue letting us know they were at least looking in to it.
HP Recommended
I used the recovery tool 2 weeks ago and then upgraded to the latest fast ring build + activated iris AND fingerprint reader, that seems to be the best working combination, along with the HP flip cover.
HP Recommended

I spoke with HP support and they could not figure out what was going on. They will be calling me tomorrow to do more troubleshooting. If they can not figure it out, they said they will replace my phone. I will keep you all informed.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.