cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Rockevangel
Level 1
5 4 0 2
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

Elite x3 display does not shut off.

HP Recommended
Elite x3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I close my cover or even just leave the phone sitting, the screen does not shut off. I have set the lock screen timeout to 30 seconds, and the screen will go from whatever I was on last (i.e. email or texting), to the lock screen. There it sits indefinitly. How do I fix this?

8 REPLIES 8
Phoney
Level 2
15 14 0 3
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The only way I have found is to restart by holding the powerbutton until it restarts.

This is sad but It seems to be a common problem sice the so called creators update. Lets hope microsoft will ship an update soon, it is sort of urgent if there shall be a massiva number of returned phones. 

Since the update a restart or two per day is what is take - sad, really sad.

DTrujillo
Level 1
14 11 0 1
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello.

I am having the same issue. It did not start happening until I started using the folio case. I have noticed that for the most part it does not happen as long as I do not open and close the case too many times over a short span of time, but from time to time the screen simply remains on, even with the case closed. Still, it should not happen at all.

I will be looking forward to an update that fixes this, as my main concern is battery life being wasted.

Thanks.

DTrujillo
Level 1
14 11 0 1
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I do the same thing - restart the phone, that is. I do not like doing that, since other than the screen remaining on there is really nothing else wrong. Should we try and rollback to an earlier version?

0 Kudos
Rockevangel
Author
Level 1
5 4 0 2
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This happens with my phone in or out of the case. Also it has started doing it backwards. The screen will not turn on even though I can hear the click from the finger print recognition. Also the red light for the facial recognition comes on. Again, the only way to fix it I have found is to soft reset the phone.

DTrujillo
Level 1
14 11 0 1
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So, the folio case is not to blame. Thanks for putting my mind at ease with that. I was beginning to think that a folio case that causes my phone to misbehave was far too expensive, on top of the 60 +/- CAD it cost me.

I stopped using the iris recognition and it did help reduce the recurrence of the problem. And yes, soft reset is the way to go. 

0 Kudos
Phoney
Level 2
15 14 0 3
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Agree, since I did a reflash I havent used the iris login, only fingerprint.

I have not seen this particular issue any more - good, only some occational freezes for unknown reasons - usually resumes working after a little while. Maybe something with internet explorer since it is usually while browsing.

0 Kudos
M-Nasser
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I face this issue (black screen, screen freezes..), and when I removed the folio case for 3 weeks, all screen issues gone! When I put on the folio, the screen issue came back
0 Kudos
DTrujillo
Level 1
14 11 0 1
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I must say I have not faced the screen issue in about a month, and have never stopped using the folio case. I want to think a bug fix was sent OTA, but cannot confirm.  Still, I am a happy customer now.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation