Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 8 note
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I was given a envy 8 note from a friend. I did a factory reset. Now when it comes up to the welcome (set up) screen, it won't respond to touch.

I have touch in the diagnostic screens and I tried to reinstall the factory image.

Still can't get past the welcome (set up) screen.

Anyone had this problem?
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Laterraanthony,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are having an issue with the HP Envy note not responding to touch even after performing a factory reset. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is the product number of your product? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

Have you tried to use an external USB mouse and check if that helps?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

If you haven't been Connecting USB Devices to your Tablet (external mouse) as such,  
you can try this: Click here 

Then, perform the steps suggested before. 

However, if that doesn't work either, please be advised that the last resort needs to be applied and that's a Reset (you may lose all your data) 

Please respond to the is post with the details so that I can provide you with the reset information.

If you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue, I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for available service related options. If your product is out of warranty, please choose paid options to get the tech support number.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok, I have hool up nd external mouse and keyboard.

I still cant get past the welcome screen.

Model # HP Envy 8 Note 5000

Product # N7I27UA#ABA

I have done a factoy reset again and still at the same place. I get to the welocome screen and haveno touch, no mouse and no response from the keyboard.

everyting works fine in the dianostic screen.

I will try to reset it to factory again

I am wondering if the original image is corrupt?

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem on my HP Envy 8 Note. 

I did factory reset after upgrades to new Windows 10 version kept on getting stuck. Now I am stuck at Windows startup. 

Product Model: HP Envy 8 Note 5000 Tablet

Product Number: HSTNH-I5O8FC

How did HP solve your problem? 

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello, I'm having the same issues. The tablet touch doesn't work in the welcome screen but in bios mode it works. Unfortunately can't alter the touch drivers within bios. Did either of you two figure out a way around this? Thanks. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.