Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Stream 7
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have tried to use Bluetooth Keyboard, and USB Keyboard to this unit, but they dont function. Only the screenkeyboard is and remail active.

Where is the setting where I can change to external Keyboard

Regards - Henrik - Denmark

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

I have a Stream 7 and have connected a USB mouse and USB keyboard and also a Bluetooth mouse without a problem.  Once they are connected, there is nothing you have to do within Windows to switch to them, both the touchscreen and external devices will work together. 

Are you using an OTG adapter to connect the USB keyboard?  Is the Bluetooth keyboard indicating that it is paired successfully?

HP Recommended

When I tried USB Keyboard I used a active USB hub with ovn powersupply and a OTG adapter .

When I tried Bluetooth the pairing was succesfull.

I both tries the function of the Keyboard was negative.

Regards

HP Recommended
Try another USB device plugged into the hub like a mouse or thumb drive to test if the OTG adapter is working. Some do not work with the Stream tablet in my experience.
HP Recommended

USB mouse and USB memmory in the hub works fine, but keyboard not.

HP Recommended

Verify the USB keyboard works on another computer if you have not already. 

If it does, plug it into the Stream and check Device Manager to see if it is recognized there.

HP Recommended

The Keyboard are tested on other machine, and works.

When connected to Stream the Device Manager / Keyboard shows HID Keyboardunit.

Regards

HP Recommended

When you plug in the USB keyboard, you should see two HID Keyboard Devices.  One will say "Location: on GPIO Button Driver" (the touchscreen) and the new one will say "Location: on USB Input Devices".  Verify that you have both of these.  If you do and it is not working, try uninstalling the driver for USB one and let it reinstall it.  If that does not work it might help to reinstall the Intel Chipset, Graphics, Camera and Audio Driver Pack driver from hp.com

HP Recommended

I have done the reinstall you recommend.

When no external keyboard conneced I have following in device manager / keyboard:

Driver for GPIO , and driver for Goodix Touch.

When USB keyboard are connected i get further - Driver on USB.

What means 3 lines under Device Manager/Keyboard

BUT it dones not work.

What is next ??

Kind regards

HP Recommended

You might look for any unrecognized devices in Device Manager and install drivers for those.  If this does not work, the only other thing that I can suggest is to restore the tablet back to the factory configuration using the recovery utility.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.