Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Model 15-8038CA Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP laptop with the following hardware config that is extremely slow to boot up or load apps/programs:

* AMD E1-6010APU with AMD Radeon R2 Graphics 1.35 Ghz

* 4 GB RAM

* 64-bit MS Windows 10 Home OS with x64-based processor

* HP CDDVDW Optical Drive

* 4.75GB WDC WD5000 PVX-60V0TT0 HDD with AMD SATA Controller

I have tried just about everything I can think of to try & improve the performance/response time of this laptop including a SFC scan as well as a DISM scan but, nothing seems to make this work any faster or better.

What do you suggest as other options to improve the response/performance of my laptop?  WOuld more memory help or would booting from an external SSD drive?

Thanks & regards,

Bill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, your PC is very little powerful, so that can be normal.. For example what time your PC spend to boot?? 

If you want to know what component you need to upgrade, when your computer is slow you can go to your task manager (right click on the task bar), and show what is the component most used. You can always clic on this components and tell us what are programs using a lot of performances. But your processor is not powerful so you can't use big programs on this PC.. 

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello, your PC is very little powerful, so that can be normal.. For example what time your PC spend to boot?? 

If you want to know what component you need to upgrade, when your computer is slow you can go to your task manager (right click on the task bar), and show what is the component most used. You can always clic on this components and tell us what are programs using a lot of performances. But your processor is not powerful so you can't use big programs on this PC.. 

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

Thank you, Fanordi!

I'm not exactly sure which tab to look at under the Task Manager but, the first one, Processes shows CPU at a variety of numbers that constantly change from as low as 28% to a high of 99% and Memory is around 83%.  Is this the area I should right-click on as you suggested?  Would adding more RAM help to improve performance at all?  What about going to an external SSD as the boot drive?

Thanks, again!!

Regards,

Bill

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.