Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP laptop db0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Well I HAVE THIS ISSUE with my laptop,

My laptop has 8 Gig ram Ryzen 3 with Vega 3 Graphics and I only have 1 gig of dedicated Video memory. How do I increase it for better performance?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@POORGAMER26 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand you would like to know how to dedicate more video memory to your laptop.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

As you mentioned you would like to know how to dedicate more video memory to your laptop.

Follow these steps to view video memory information:

1. Right-click an open area of the desktop, then click Screen resolution.

The Screen Resolution window opens.

2. Click Advanced settings.

Figure : Screen Resolution

Screen Resolution window, showing location of Advanced settings
  3. Click the Adapter tab.

The video memory information is displayed under Adapter Information:

• Total Available Graphics Memory: A combination of all memory available for graphics. The system may not actually be using all of this memory, but it is available when requested.

• Dedicated Video Memory: Memory set aside for the exclusive use of the graphics adapter.

For Integrated Graphics Cards, this memory is set aside by the BIOS and is subtracted from system memory before Windows 7 is loaded. Windows 7 does not report this as part of total system memory.

For Discrete Graphics Cards, this is the memory that is on the graphics card. It is not subtracted from system memory.

• System Video Memory: A fixed memory allocation that is subtracted from system memory after Windows 7 loads. Windows 7 reports this as part of total system memory. It is available to software programs.

• Shared System Memory: An additional pool of memory that may be dynamically allocated and released as needed. This memory is available to programs and may be used for graphics if required.

You can't increase the video memory per-se, but you can allocate more virtual memory for your computer to use. 

To do this, click start, right click computer>Properties>advanced system settings>advanced>performance>advanced>(virtual memory)>change> 

click custom size and enter the size of hard drive space you would like to allocate to virtual memory. I would recommend and initial size of 10000mb and a maximum size of 20000mb. Click apply and reboot your system.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.