Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 10 G2
Android 5.0 Lollipop

HP 10 G2 Tablet Bluetooth Keyboard Pairing Process Instruction:

1. make sure the keyboard workable (Plug in, light on: charging, light off: fully charged or not plug in)
  2. turn on keyboard switch and then you can see the light on for 3 seconds
  3. Enable tablet Bluetooth (go to settings --> Bluetooth --> turn on)
  4. Press the "fn" and "bluetooth icon" keys at the same time then you can see the LED on the keyboard blinking (Pairing mode)
  5. tablet will detect the Bluetooth keyboard (HP Bluetooth Keyboard T1000)
  6. click the Bluetooth keyboard icon on screen
  7. Bluetooth paring request window will pop up
  8. type the 6 digit pairing code that you see on screen using the case keyboard keys
  9. Press “Enter” key
  10. tablet will pair with this keyboard and then you can use the keyboard normally

Note: the keyboard will become idle if pairing is not successful within 2 minutes, you must repeat the pairing process if this happen. (step 4)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
  1. make sure the keyboard workable (Plug in, light on: charging, light off: fully charged or not plug in)
  3. Enable tablet Bluetooth (go to settings à Bluetooth à turn on)
  4. Press the "fn" and "bluetooth icon" keys at the same time then you can see the LED on the keyboard blinking (Pairing mode)
  8. type the 6 digit pairing code that you see on screen using the case keyboard keys
  9. Press “Enter” key
  10. tablet will pair with this keyboard and then you can use the keyboard normally

Note: the keyboard will become idle if pairing is not successful within 2 minutes, you must repeat the pairing process if this happen. (step 4)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended
  9. Press “Enter” key

HP Recommended

I can't get my Bluetooth keyboard (brand new) to work. I have done all of the instruction's on this board, the website, and instructions that came with the tablet. HP 10 G2 2301. 

I never see the box that is supposed to appear to put in code. I've tried to call about it but I keep getting sent to the website. No help. I need to get my homework done and have spent hours doing this what should have been so please thing.

HP Recommended

Are you seeing the code generated?

There is no box to type it into - you just enter it on the keyboard and hit return.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

There is a detail instruction about the Bluetooth keyboard pairing process, with pictures. FYI.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04875957

PS: when you see the 6 digit pairing code, you just need to type those code on the keyboard and then press the "Enter" key. you will not see what you are typing on the screen, there is no window/box to show that.

HP Recommended

Where is the settings located?

HP Recommended

@beechgirl wrote:

Where is the settings located?

Setting can be found two ways:

Either pull down the top right corner of your home page, then tap the "Settings" icon, or

Tap the "All apps" icon and swipe the pages sideways until you find the "Settings" icon.  Tap it to open.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

I had to repeat the process 4 times before it paired, so keep the faith andjust keep doing the process til it works.  Also, there is no box to enter the pairing number in, just enter the 6 digits and hit enter and it will work.

HP Recommended
The website that he posted works great! It took me 2 trys to get it (my errors) but I got mine to work after trying for days. Lol thanks for the great info!!! 👌 👌
HP Recommended

‎10-29-2015 07:58 PM

9. Press “Enter” key

After compling all these steps no pairing code is showing. In other device the keyboard is pairing. Tab is updated to latest version of win10 32bit

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.