Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 8 Tablet
Android 4.4 - 4.4.4 KitKat

Hi, my Tablet running android 4.4.2 is in a bootloop.

Managed to get ADB slideload going but all images I tried have triggered the following error:

E: Footer is wrong

E. Signature Verification Failed

Installation aborted 

Any suggestion what I can do to fix the bootloop?

Ideally, I'd like to avoid having to wipe the tablet.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Phil747,

Welcome to HP Forums, 
This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips for the technical queries.

I understand the tablet is booting up in a loop.

Are you facing this issue after an update?

In the meanwhile, let's try resetting the tablet, click on the HP document to reset the printer.

Keep me posted.

Let me know, how it goes!

Have a great day.

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for your response.

I don't want to factury reset my tablet. There must be a way to get out of a bootloop using the adb sideload feature.

All I need is a recovery img for Android 4.4.2. The one I am using gives me an error:

E: Footer is wrong

E. Signature Verification Failed

Installation aborted 

Can you perhaps point me to the right recovery img?

Thanks

Philipp

HP Recommended

@Phil747,

Thanks for the reply.

I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for further assistance. 
If your product is Out of warranty, then remember to choose the paid options to get the tech support number.

They might have multiple options to help you on this.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted on any other assistance.Hope that helps! 

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Thanks for your suggestion but this is not really helpful. I know what to do and do not need support to advise me ... all I need is someone to point me to the correct android recovery image, if something like it exists. 

HP Recommended

@Phil747,

Thanks for the response.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.