Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Wow! That`s awesome Adrian! 

I had already given up on my Slate21 and now I think I want to give it a second chance and try to restore JB.

Considering that I am a newbi with rooting would you have a step by step tutorial on how to do all of it (unlock, root nad restore OS .. or perhaps isntall a Linux/Ubuntu tablet OS..?.. that‘s kind of my dream..)? I have only got the Slate 21 and a LEnovo Ideapad that runs Window 7 pro and Ubuntu 14.04.. Which OS would you advise me to use for the rooting?

Thanks a lot mate.

Cheers

HP Recommended
Stuck with "verification failed" here
HP Recommended

Same problem here.  Varification failed.  What gives HP.  We've waited this long for the update, now this!

HP Recommended

The upgrade to Android 4.4 resolved the problems with the kiosk application I'm developing.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Looks like they don't care now they have the money

HP Recommended
HP is not, had not ever, been known to be customer oriented
HP Recommended

I have a Slate 21 Pro with Android 4.3. Same as others here, it downloads the 600MB 4.4.2 update and then says 'Verification failed'. I've tried a dozen times.

I also did a factory reset and immediately tried the update -> Verification failed

I did a factory reset, updated all the bundled apps from the app store, and tried the update -> Verification failed

Anyone who had this problem found a solution? Is there an image we can download HP?

HP Recommended

Yeah, we were perhaps foolish to buy anything but Windows from HP.

When you go to the support site for my Android HP Slate 21 Pro or my HP ChromeBox, you can't get anywhere until you answer a question demanding what version of Windows you use!

HP Recommended

Hi @COWA why are you releasing Android 4.4 now, when it was already superceded by Android 5.0 over eight months ago?

Android 4.4 was a 2013 release, why release a version in 2015 that is already 18 months out of date? Especially with the SD card limitation that will cause Slate 21 customers lots of problems - which was fixed in 5.0+.

Android 6.0 will be released shortly, so releasing 4.4 now is pretty rediculous don't you think?

HP Recommended

Sadface2 said: "I have a Slate 21 Pro with Android 4.3. Same as others here, it downloads the 600MB 4.4.2 update and then says 'Verification failed'. I've tried a dozen times."

I know this may sound strange but have you tried taking the unit to another location (another network) and download the upgrade from there?

When I first bought my Slate 21 Pro, I was having trouble with the initial registration and setup - it was fine until it tried to connect to the Internet and then it would hang - and it wasn't until I took the unit elsewhere and it worked perfectly that I was able to identify what the problem was (it was an obscure problem with my cable ISP's DNS servers).

Not saying your problem is the same as mine, just that it was useful to me to try the process from another location. Can you take it to work, or to a friend's house or somewhere different, and try the upgrade from there?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.