Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I've upgraded to 4.4.2 and it's fixed the screen backlight staying on when powered off but only if I use the physical power button, I normally have an app on the home page which does an instant shutdown but running that leaves the screen backlight powered on. Anyone else noticed this?

Also, in settings/apps when you click on an app and either uninstall it or go back, the app list is locked up. Funnily enough, if you tab to the All apps, you can click on an app, go back, click on another app,go back and it locks up. Anyone else have this happen?

On a brighter note though, now my screen brightness and volume settings work 🙂

Also, I used VTS to deodex it when it was running Jellybean but VTS fails on key apk and jar files in Kitkat - does anyone know of other deodex apps?

Many thanks

Adrian

HP Recommended

It appears my issue is heat or memory related. Runs fine until I reboot, then it crashes everytime in random spots. If I let it sit for 30 minutes it is fine. My kitchen is a cozy 68 degrees or so..... Unsure if my unit is defective or not, but I know I did not have this problem prior to 4.4.2

HP Recommended

Still not able to update. Even downloading 4.3 recovery image to SD and using default recovery menu, it still fails (whole-file verification signature error). Anyone else with the same issue?

HP Recommended
Did you do a system restore then let the Google play store run all the updates?
HP Recommended

Yes, everything is updated. BTW it's not rooted or unlocked. Was really looking forward to seeing kitkat installed on my Pro. 

HP Recommended

I wouldn`t advice you to upgarde to KK on this machine. Unless of course you`d like to lose your SD and External HD writing permissions.  I know I didn`t and received a sad news when the system (self) upgraded to KK last month.  Many issues to report afterwards, mainly the loss of writing/moving/deleting permissions on any external storage plugged. Browser lost many features as well (history and `save for off line reading` not there anymore!). Touchscreen has become very tricky (slow and unresponsive), Vcl freezes constantly and will not work with most of my files anymore.

And btw, the change is  IRREVERSIBLE, meaning that even after contacting HP support there is no way to reinstall JB after you get KK! They say you need to return the machine and they will replace it with one running the previous OS..  Imagine that!

You do the math.

If I were you, I`d stay AWAY from it.  Keep JB mate.  Btw, KK is not any faster on this machine and will freeze or slow down your 1GB RAM constantly. 

HP Recommended

I got to update to 4.4 finally and against all that I was expecting, it lags.

4.3 was butter smooth and 4.4.2 in my Hp Slate 21 Pro just isn't.

Will wait for a couple of months for updates and if there arent any, probably will revert to 4.3 through custom recovery or something like that.

HP Recommended

You need to be rooted and install xposed. Then install the kk sd module.

Root - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2709467&page=6 you want the old_tr.apk attachment

Xposed - http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.robv.android.xposed.installer

Many thanks

Adrian

HP Recommended

Custom recovery?  Lucky you, I`ll say.  I do not have that luxury on my Slate21 mate.  I would advise you to check if you have such option (see if you can really do that via Bios or factory reset.. I know I can`t, I tried.. I was told by the customer support that HP doesn`t allow the dowgrade on these machines.. so it can`t be reverted!) of downgrading or restoring the previous OS and firmaware on your machine first.

HP Recommended

Downgraded to JB just so I could catch the update.zip to look at it before letting it put me back up to KK.

HP support should get real and realise that end users will always find a way of doing things, even if it's not recommended.

Many thanks

Adrian

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.