Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I bought HP slate 6 voice tab dual sim (HSTNH-B19C) from Karachi 6 months back. Since then it was working fine on jellybean 4.2.2 until i got a system update Message from Hp. So i updated it with kitkat 4.4.2 successfully.

Now the problem is that most of the 3rd party applications doesn't support it. The updated software is working fine but i want to revert back to the jellybean 4.2.2 that originally came with the tablet.

If anyone knows from where can i get the factory image than please share a link.

If anyone have a same model with backup image of original firmware then please contact me on my cell no. [edited Cell Number by Moderator]

Thankyou.

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Hey @Paracha ,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you're looking to downgrade back to JellyBean on your HP Slate 6 VoiceTab.

The factory image files are hosted on the HP website for your product. The model you have posted is actually the regulatory information for the battery and not the tablets model. If you can provide me with the exact model I may be able to offer a link to the factory image. 

For information on finding your model number please see this guide: Locating the HP Slate 6 VoiceTab and Slate 7 VoiceTab model number.

If you would like the file faster you can go to HP - Drivers & Downloads and enter the model number. Once entered you will find the factory image listed under the Drivers section for your device. Keep in mind that typically the Android OS will fault when trying to downgrade and often rooting the device or using third party apps/software is needed to do this which HP cannot provide support for.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hi  Great Deku Tree,

i got your reply and here is the complete model no what i found on the back of the tab and on the box.

HP Slate6 VoiceTab 6001RA 16 Gb

Product no = F4L90PA

I already downloded almost all update.zip files one by one but unfortunately they are not working and i am attaching the picture of the result also,  so you can easily understand my problem.

Regards.

Shakil ParachaIMG_20141111_130243.jpgIMG_20141111_130243.jpg

HP Recommended

Hey Paracha,

Thanks for the info.

Just to be sure you have the correct update.zip file for your tablet you can download it here: Google Android Jelly Bean Restore Image for HP Slate 6 VoiceTab - Europe, Middle-East, and Africa.

If following the steps on that page to run the recovery does not resolve the issue you will need to contact phone support. Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the following link to get the support number for your region: Phone Assist Worldwide.

Thanks! 🙂

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hey @Paracha ,

I see you've created a new thread for the same issue.

Keep in mind that as mentioned in my previous post. Quite frequently the downgrade requires rooting your device or installing a custom ROM. The reason for this is that when you update your device to a new version it also updates the boot loader. The boot loader is not part of the update.zip image available for download online which explains why your restore is failing: The new boot loader for KitKat doesn't work for JellyBean so it cannot initialize the image.

HP cannot provide support for rooting a device or installing a custom ROM to your tablet. You can read about this here: Rooting

It's always important to be familiar with the update you are installing to your device and heed caution to the warnings before installing an update. I suggest searching for support on some third party sites that may be able to assist you with what you are trying to do.

Thanks! 🙂

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
You mean that i need a boot loader for jellybean first then this downgrade will be possible.? If so. Then tell me where from i get the missing part as it is not available on the drivers section. Even it is not mentioned in the procedure too...
HP Recommended

The boot loader is not available from HP. HP does not provide support for downgrading the operating system of your tablet.

Sorry.

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

will this update work nin india also,,,,,,,,,,,,,coz i am facing the same problem

HP Recommended

will this update work in in india also...coz i am facing the same problem

HP Recommended

The above restore image is the only one available for JellyBean for the Slate 6 VoiceTab.

The KitKat restore image for India is available here: Google Android KitKat Restore Image for HP Slate 6 VoiceTab - India

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.