Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 10 Tablet 2101
Android 4.1 - 4.3.1 Jelly Bean

I have an HP10 Android tablet.  It powers on Just fine.  Displays the HP logo on bootup, then progresses to the HP Animation screen where it goes no farther.

I downloaded from HP the factory image (update.zip), and I have ADB installed on my laptop.  i can bootup the tablet to the recovery screen and choose "apply update from ADB", but it doesn't work.  When I select "apply update from ADB", it appears that my laptop recognizes the USB attached tablet.

Don't know what to try next.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@OleGrayFox

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Forums.

I understand that you're unable to install the factory image on your HP 10 Tablet - 2101us. I appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting this issue and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Did you attempt to reset the tablet by following the below steps?
    NOTE: All data saved on your device is deleted when you perform a factory reset. All apps are uninstalled. Data stored in your Google Account can be restored. Back up all important files, either on the Web or with an external storage device, before resetting the tablet.

Use the following steps to begin the factory reset:

• Charge the tablet for at least half an hour, and then disconnect the charging cable from the tablet.

• If you have a microSD card installed in the tablet, remove the memory card before resetting the tablet.

• With the device powered off, press and hold the power and volume up buttons simultaneously for approximately five seconds, and then release.

Figure : Tablet power and volume up buttons

Side view of tablet with the power and volume up buttons highlighted

The HP logo is displayed, and a few seconds later the Android system recovery menu is displayed.

• When the Android system recovery menu displays, use the volume down button to highlight Wipe data/factory reset.

NOTE:

The touch screen is disabled when the device is in recovery mode. Use the volume up and volume down buttons to navigate up or down in the recovery menu. Use the power button to make a selection.

Figure : Wipe data/factory reset

Wipe data/factory reset
  • Press the power button to select.

• The screen displays Confirm wipe of all user data? THIS CAN NOT BE UNDONE. Use the volume down button to highlight Yes -- delete all user data.

Figure : Confirm wipe of all user data

Confirm wipe of all user data
  • Press the power button to confirm and begin the reset.

• A recovery system screen shows the reset process. Wait for the reset process to complete.

• When the screen displays the message Data wipe complete, highlight Reboot system now, and then press the power button to select.

Figure : Reboot system now

Reboot system now

Wait for the device to reboot.

• The factory reset is complete. Set up the device by following the steps in the HP support document Setting Up Your HP Tablet.

Incase the tablet does not let you to perform a factory reset then please contact our HP phone support team to check the available service options. The phone support team can be reached via this link: https://hp.care/2uJxnug

Hope this helps. Let me know the outcome.

Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

Yes, I have performed the factory reset steps indicated.  As I stated, now when attemping to boot, the hp logo is displayed, then the animation is shown as doesn't get any farther.

Anybody know of any tools or utilities I can use on my windows 10 laptop to push the factory image to the tablet.

HP Recommended

@OleGrayFox

Thanks for replying. I truly appreciate your efforts and patience.

You may try to download and Android image on a memory card and then try to install it by choosing the option "apply update from external storage". This link will give you access to the operating system: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-10-tablet/5447816/model/7298639

If that does not help then it would be a good idea to contact our HP phone support team. 

Cheers! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.