cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
creative88
Level 1
6 3 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

How can I start a factory reset from the Recovery partition if I don't have the HP Recovery Manager?

HP Recommended
Pavilion x2 12-b000na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to reset my HP Pavilion x2 12-b000na to factory settings, by reinstalling from the Recovery partition.

However, the laptop is currently running a 'clean' Windows 10 installation downloaded directly from Microsoft, which does not include the HP Recovery Manager.

I understand that I can't just download the HP Recovery Manager, so given that, how can I start a factory reset from the Recovery partition?

Many thanks in advance for any response.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,043 25,921 1,430 1,498
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@creative88

Welcome to HP forums, I see that you want to do a factory reset from the recovery manager.

You would require a recovery media to reset the computer.

I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation