Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Compac Presario Monitor Q2159
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!. My Monitor, HP Compac Q2159 won't start right away.  When I turn on the monitor it works for a few seconds then turns black. Then I turn of the monitor by clicking the on and of button and it starts again for a few seconds then turn black again.  I have to do this up to 20 times before the monitor stops turning black.

Whats wrong with it?

I haven't changes any settings for display on the computer or the monitor recently. I have checked so that I have the monitor set in recomended settings.

Time to buy a new monitor or is it something I can do by changing settings?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings @Solang

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with your monitor not staying On.

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you tried to perform a factory reset on your monitor?

Have you tried the monitor on any other computer? 

Do you get any error message on your monitor before the monitor turns off?

Recommend you press the menu button on the monitor and select factory reset.

If the issue persists, try the low-resolution step suggested in this HP Article

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi. Sorry fort not responding quicker...

I have tried what you suggested but nothing works. Not factory reset or setting the monitor to a lower resolution. And I look at the solution on the link you showed me but the problem is that I do'nt get any messages on my monitor before it turns black. It just turn black. The monitor flickers for 2 seconds and the turns black. 

Is there anything else I can do to stop this problem?

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, the issue you are facing seems to be a hardware issue, recommend you contact our phone support to check for any service options available. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.