Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elite X2 1012 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

On my brand new Elite X2 1012 I can't find the cursor/mouse after restarting from sleepmode. The touchpad doesn't respond at all. An External mouse by USB works fine though. 

After rebooting it ins't always solved; right now I recently restarted for use of the hadrware-testing (all results positive), but no touchpad-mouse.

Any clues what to do next?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I do not know if you have resolved your keyobard/touchpad issue yet, but HP just release a new BIOS, ver 1.13 last week which seems to resolve this issue.

HP Recommended

thnx, I'll run the update en see if it helps...

HP Recommended

I had high hopes for this to work too. Before the BIOS update occasional vacation of the touchpad/mouse was curable by the Shut Down (restart was not helping). With updated BIOS touchpad seemed to have been back in the game until one day passed and it fall off completely. By "completely" I mean that now neither shutting down nor restart helps, only hard reset (holding power button for 15 secs as advised by HP for Win8). Any fresh ideas how to fix this once and for all?

After the hard reset I put Elite on sleep for three times looking if any behaviour pattern. Touchpad has been working fine so far, but hard resetting the device every time touchpad/mouse is gone is hardly an option.

P.S. Funny thing was that on a number of occasions touchpad/mouse was suddenly back to life for an instance. The mouse pointer became visible again and even moved few inches before acting dead again.

HP Recommended

me too, I have bluetooth mouse that has disappeared having been flakey. teh touchpad comes and goes too. is it Win 10? HP or just teh elite.

the regular win 10 updates are slowing down it all feels worse than win 95 already...
does anyone at HP read this? do they care?

hey ho I doubt eitehr

Gavin

HP Recommended
I always need to remove my keyboard and then reconnect it and this always restores my mouse... No need to shut elite off when doing this
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.