Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elitepad 900 G1 10"tablet
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

I purchased a refurbished HP ElitePad 900 G1 From a Reseller and it
had installed a new Windows Pro 8.1 and is all working good, but
the first time I tried to use WIFI I then noticed that they left out the
HP device drivers support software. So,even after reading carefully the
the HP Technical white paper; "Installing Microsoft Windows 8 on HP
ElitePad 900 G1 Tablet",as it does list,at the top the order of prerequisite
hardware - I am still left with the question: do I use THE HP NETWORKING
ADAPTER,(through adapter,or dock) or my desktop PC,TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL HP DRIVERS TO A USB STORAGE AND GO THROUGH THE HP USB ADPTER to install all of the HP device drivers ?
I considered both but could only guess that the generic/base driver that windows has in it
may not support either. ?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitepad-900-g1-tablet/5298028

has 40+ drivers etc

At least 10 associated with networking.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and the HP link, but it is not the answer to my question.

I am asking which is the shortest way to install them .

HP Recommended

I don't know.

Personally I would get the WLAN and BlueTooth installed first,

then a direct download should be possible for the remainder.

HP Recommended

UPDATE;

I concluded that I did not very carefully read the documents after all.

I learned that the answer is that to install Windows,and also the support drivers, the HP Dock is listed as "recommended" so I needed the HP dock, then I thought maybe I could use only the single USB dongle and a usb media key. However, it partly depends on which HP downloads you need to re-install. I needed to install only the drivers into Windows.

It's listed in the HP Installation Technical white paper right below the Contents:

The following items are recommended when installing Windows 8 on your HP ElitePad 900 G1 Table:

HP ElitePad Docking Station

USB keyboard and pointing device

Windows 8 OS media on DVD or USB flash storage (see Warning above)

Note that using media from an alternate source requires a product ID (PID)2

High-speed Internet access to drivers and OS enhancements provided by HP, via either the “Dowload drivers & software

page” on hp.com or HP SoftPaq Download Manager (hp.com/go/sdm

Then the following installation instructions:

1.Download the driver(s) for the network interface card and/or wireless LAN adapter driver from the Download drivers &

software page for the HP ElitePad 900 G1 Tablet. Save to a USB storage device.

2.Connect the HP ElitePad 900 G1 Tablet to an HP ElitePad Docking Station with USB flash storage, keyboard, and

pointing device attached.

3.Power on the tablet and press the F9 key repeatedly during power on self test (POST).

As I mentioned earlier, it depends on what you need to re-install. As another user on the spiceworks user forum said:

"HP Support should be able to provide you with an image that you can reimage your Elitepad with. The device does not support NTFS in BIOS and this is the format Microsofts tool creates for the USB drives  / you need FAT32. The device also has some esoteric drivers and installing them manually will not work most of the time. As such calling support and getting the recovery image and the tool to built it is the way to go."

I recommend any installer read the HP Installing Windows paper to read the warnings that I left out of here.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.