Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Was playing a game on the computer when it froze. Shut it down and turned it back on again but it wont load past the boot screen. It keeps saying it is diagnosing my computer and then telling me that the automatic repair failed to fix the problem and that it did not start correctly. It gives me options to restart or advanced options. The restart only repeats the process. Under advanced options it says continue (which then restarts it again), turn off PC (to the same effect), use a device (which I dont think I have), or trouble shoot. Trouble shoot offers to reset my computer, contact support (which is just the website), or a couple others. I was able to get to a test in the recovery manager area that said an error was detected in index $I30 for file 42DAB. I'm not quite sure where to go from there.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Ender1326

I suggest you run a Hard drive Test to confirm the Hardware Functionality

- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the Notebook.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. 
- When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests and Hard drive

If all the Tests pass, then you will need the Recovery Media to Reset the Notebook

Keep me posted 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.