cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
1961him
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Keyboard

HP Recommended
HP / Compaq ENVY Notebooks
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello everyone, I have a HP laptop.

When I am typing my cursor has a mind of its own. When typing I look up and it has jumped all over my Document. All my updates are current.  Also, my mouse has its own mind. I am nowhere near the mouse.  It opens programs or internet. Is there a setting some place? This has been going on since day one.  I

Please provide me with your feedback. Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 488 953
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @1961him

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are looking to reduce the sensitivity of the mouse as it interferes while typing, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

May I know the exact product number of your computer? Click here. Please do not share the serial number of your computer.

Recommend you to run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers updated. Click here for assistance. 

You can also use HPSA to run diagnostics on the computer. 

Review the steps suggested in Adjusting TouchPad or ClickPad pointing sensitivities , Turning all TouchPad gestures off and on and Troubleshooting when the TouchPad does not work in this article

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation