Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
F860 Car Camcorder
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My car camcorder (recently fitted) is set to japanese and not english and I am unable to read the various screens to change the language back to english. The manual doesnt offer an option to change!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@BentleyDC54AOO

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I understand there's a language error on your dash cam, (A language barrier, it needs to go)

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you scroll down to the bottom on your user manual and still not find the steps to resolve?

If yes, here's what I found on your user manual:

Go to Main Menu > (Scroll to 5th option) Language settings > Set the on-screen display menu language > (Select 1st option) English / Español / Deutsch / Français / Português / Italiano / Japanese / Arabic

On a completely unrelated topic, here's the link to SuperCar: https://hp.care/2KkmdEK a software for your dashcam playback services (if you didn't know or have it, already) 😉

Do get back to me as I have a few more tricks up my sleeve, 

As I will follow up to ensure your concern is resolved,

That said, If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am still unable to access the correct heading on the menu as everything is in Japanese, and although I have scrolled down to the 5th item on the  menu another screen comes up with two options.

I have tried both 'options' (both in Japanese) and neither changes the lauguage back to english.

I have gone through ALL the menu options and then the next sub menus and they are all in Japanese and none of them change the langauge back to english.

I have also lost the rear camera image and there is also another screen which shows 2 options seperated by a line both in Japanese which I assume is advising me of an error. However I cant understand what needs to be done.

I have also used the 'Reset' which I thought might go back to the original factory settings (In English) but it has no effect.

It is becoming very frustrating and the only soluton I can see is for it to be replaced.

Please advise a.s.a.p.

Thank you

HP Recommended

@BentleyDC54AOO,

I am the The_Fossette. It looks like you were interacting with @Riddle_Decipher, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here. 

I would like to know where was this dash cam purchased?

Please refer to the below image from the product manual for the dash cam where it says that the language is selected according to the actual shipping region.

Hope that helps!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I purchased the item via Amazon from Qifei UK  on 27th Nov 2017 but it wasnt fitted to my car until my car was serviced about two weeks ago.

When first fitted it was in English but after trying to teach my self how to record etc the language change to Japanese  and it wont change back.

HP Recommended

@BentleyDC54AOO

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

I recommend you contact HP for further assistance,

As none of the steps advised thus far haven't resolved the issue:

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  

* Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

* Enter Product number or select to auto detect

* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution".

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.