Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

okay thanks kyle!

HP Recommended

i installed and booted ubuntu 64bit, cannt get touchscreen or wifi installed. will post error when i get another chance to boot it up.

currently dualbooting w/ win10 x32

HP Recommended
I can't get the touchscreen to work at all...I've built and loaded the goodix_backport, but nothing at all...no response from the screen.
HP Recommended
And since Ubuntu MATE doesn't appear to be smart enough to automatically reconnect to wifi, I am dead in the water with no touchscreen....currently I HAVE to have usb kb installed. Extremely disappointed.
HP Recommended

Yes, I noticed the https://github.com/hadess/gt9xx.git touchpad driver does not seem to install anymore with the 3.16 kernel, I tried it with Mint 17.2 32-bit, what version are you using?  Looking on the site, there was a change make on July 1, it may not support the 3.16 kernel anymore, I'm not sure.  I see a "tainting kernel" error in the dmesg command now. I did not see a place to log an issue on that site to inquire about it.  It is possible to get the earlier version of the driver on there.  Also 15.04 Ubuntu with the 3.19 kernel has native support for the touchpad although I had trouble installing it when I tried a few months ago.

HP Recommended
Yep...I am in the same boat....15.04 doesn't boot using these instructions, and 14.10 gt9xx doesn't work with 14.10, which does boot and install. I just restored windows on it...doubt I'll mess with linux on it again.
HP Recommended

Beware the upgrade..

I had Mate 14.xx up and running. Then one day,  it wanted to upgrade to 15.xx. I let it. Killed my tablet. It would try to boot, then 3 sceonds later it would shut down. I was sure it ate my boot sector. It would not boot a usb, but I still had access to the utilities menu. After ordering a restore flash drive from HP which would not boot either, I was going to disconnect the battery and let it sit for a day to let the system completeley reset, but then I saw that it would require dismantling the tablet. I finally ran the system diag in a loop and killed the battery. It worked. Linux would not boot, but Windows did and the restore flash drive worked.

The good news it, I have a factory restore flash drive. The bad news is, it cost over $40 and it is formatted so it cannot be coppied for backup.

I think I will try to install Linux on the entire hd to see what happens. I wish there was a really good distro that got everything to work without tweeks and that did not crash the system.

HP Recommended

Yes, I have tried to install Ubuntu 15.04 but it hangs during the boot which is unfortunate since it has native support for the touchscreen.  I have had to stay with 14.10.

HP Recommended
How did you get the digitizer to work? The github and compile didn't work for me at all...I had no touchscreen, so went back to windows.
HP Recommended

Yes, as I mentioned above, the Goodix touchscreen driver at https://github.com/hadess/gt9xx.git does not work with 14.10 anymore due to a change that was made there on July 1.  It is possible to download the earlier version from there using git but I have not done it yet.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.