Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Oops, this was a reply on a closed thread...

Please delete, thanks.

I can boot 64 bit distro's with the bootia file but no luck with the

ubuntu-mate-17.10-beta2-desktop-i386.iso.

I carefully did all those things u have written on first page but i don't get a usb boot option at startup.

I write those bootable 64 bits distro's with rufus but the 32 bits disto's dont work with rufus (GTP partition) so i use unetbootin-windows-655. Could that be the problem?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have not tried the beta2 releases, it seems like they still should boot okay though.  I use Unetbootin on Ubuntu to create the USB so it seems it should work okay on Windows.  You might try booting the USB in another computer to make sure it works and disable secure boot on the Stream if you have not already.

HP Recommended

FYI, there is a new thread started for Ubuntu 18.04 on the Stream tablet.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.