Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My hp elite x3 keeps freezing on a black screen since the last update and the red light on the left hand corner stays lit. I need to hold down the power button for 20 seconds and it reboots.  it's happening multiple times during the day.

23 REPLIES 23
HP Recommended

I've been experiencing this exact same issue with 4 HP Elite x3 devices I am managing at work.

There are 2 of these devices that are not exhibiting the problem.

If all were behaving the same, I could likely isolate the commonality, but the fact that they aren't is quite perplexing.

HP Recommended

i am having the same problem....any updates how to fix this?

thanks

ll

HP Recommended

i am having the same problem....any updates how to fix this?

thanks

ll

HP Recommended

Im also having this problem. Any advice would be helpful.

HP Recommended

are u still having the problem or have u been able to fix it?  i am still having it.

thanks

ll

HP Recommended
Still a problem. Every text message freezes. Worst WP experience since my htc trophy on Verizon.
HP Recommended

Now locked out of my own phone because of too many restarts! I've never been so pissed off with a WP device.I bought this for high end hardware expecting to have fewer problems. I have to soft reset after almost evert text because of phone freezing. Restart dozens of times a day! Im at the end of my rope!!

HP Recommended

More pissed off because HP forums awards me an expressive badge for posting my problems on the forum!! Not an achievement!!!

HP Recommended

Ive been running insider builds on previous devices and have not had this kind of problem!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.