Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I put my laptop back factory reset and now I have no WiFi and sound. I need help.
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings @Ernie80

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are not getting any wifi or sound from your computer after performing a factory reset.

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. However, request some information for me to be able to give you a better solution. 

May I know the procedure you followed to perform recovery on your computer?

Could you please provide the product/model number of your computer? Click here. Please do not share the product number fo your computer. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Request you shut down the computer if it is on. 

Wait for a minute. 

Turn the computer On and keep tapping F2 repeatedly on startup to enter system diagnostics. Click here

In system diagnostics. Please run a component test on audio and network. 

If the tests fail, please contact our phone support for the service options available. 

If the test passes, please restart the computer. 

Once it is on the desktop screen, please open recovery manager and install the audio and wireless drivers from the recovery manager and check. Click here for assistance. 

Once the drivers are installed, please connect the computer to your wireless network and run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers are updated on your computer. 

Please follow the procedure mentioned below to contact our phone support. 

• Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Enter Product number or select to auto detects
  • Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
  • Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, I sent you about that I did factory reset and had problems with my Wi-Fi and sound, so I got a response from you to use f12 and I did and now I get a blue belted.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, could you please elaborate when you say blue belted. I don't see any where I mentioned F12.

Request you provide a screenshot of the issue, so that I will be able to assist you better.

If the wifi or sound is not working, please open recovery manager on your computer and install the drivers from there.

Have you run a system test on your computer?

Keep me posted.

**Click on the KUDOS Star on the left to say "thanks" for helping!**
**Please Mark a Reply "Accept As Solution" if this has resolved your issue.**
I Work On Behalf Of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.