Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

New Slate 7 2800 at "Select WiFi" message. My wifi ssid is displayed.

Select this.

SSid screen appears displays security and expects password.

Enter password press connect.

SSid screen displayed & "Authenciating" message; lasts about 5-8 MINUTES to get "Authenciating Problem".

Select this.

"Saved" "Secured with WPA/WPA2 (WPS available)" messages. 

Press this panel.

Displays WiFi panel. States CONNECTED.

Press this panel. The loop starts all over again, same time, same messages, and eventually same loop.

Have not gotten past this loop. HELP please.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

What security is the network using?  Is it using WPA-AES, WPA-TKIP, etc. 

What wifi channel is the network using?  Channels 1 or 11 typically provide an optimal experience. 

You more than likely did, but have you tried power cycling the device?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

Eventually the message returned SCREEN SAVED WITH WPA/WPA2SK where I had selected WPA2.

I did power down/recycle the device 3-4 times as I couldn't get out of the loop of continually saying:

"Authenticating" next "Authentication Problem".

I got no action from the screen except to press the WIFI symbol then returned above (first line message)

and started the entire process all over!

HP Recommended

There are subsets of WPA2.  There is AES and TKIP.  Which subset is your wifi network using? 

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

i purchased the HP 7 on thanksgiving everything was working fine up until last week. i came home from work and it would not connect to our home wifi. it will not connect to any wifi. it just says authentication problem after about a minute of trying to to connect. ive tried restarting tablet restarting the router im not sure what to do. any help would be nice. im not very tech savy

-David

HP Recommended

Hi Dplunkett55,

I understand you are having issues connecting to your WiFi. If you can connect to everything but your home WiFi. I would suggest calling your internet provider to check the password.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

have a look at a similar post 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Android-Tablets-e-g-HP-Slate-7/My-new-HP-Slate-8-Pro-will-not-connect-t...

Can you connect to your home wifi using other devices if you have any ?

could be your router has moved to a channel the tablet does not like,  whats the make and model of your router 

HP Recommended

"Saved" "Secured with WPA/WPA2 (WPS available)" messages. 

Press this panel.

Displays WiFi panel. States CONNECTED.

Press this panel. The loop starts all over again, same time, same messages, and eventually same loop.

Have not gotten past this loop. HELP please.

HP Recommended
???
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.