Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My Slate will not charge now.  I've tried using multiple chargers (the factory charger, the one for my touchpad, cellphone, plugged into PC, etc.) and it will not charge.  Right now it's at about 39% battery life, and discharging. 

If the tablet is off, and I plug it in, it actually boots the tablet into Android whereas, in the past, it would simply give me the picture of the battery and indication it was charging (without booting into the OS).  If the tablet is in "sleep" and I plug it in, it awakes from sleep (recognizing that it was plugged in) but won't actually charge.  I'm not at all sure what the cause of this might be.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Is the Slate 7 able to power on with the stock charger connected?  If it's not able to power on, then the best option is to contact HP for service regarding this issue.  It could be the charger itself or the Slate 7's charging port.  This should still be covered under the standard 1 year warranty.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

My Slate 7 will not charge and I am using the adapter that came with the tablet when I purchased it.  It charged fully last night, then when I pulled it out at lunch time, the battery had drained without using it and now it will not charge.  Any idea's? 

HP Recommended

Is the Slate 7 able to power on with the stock charger connected?  If it's not able to power on, then the best option is to contact HP for service regarding this issue.  It could be the charger itself or the Slate 7's charging port.  This should still be covered under the standard 1 year warranty.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

Yes, the Slate 7 powers on but would not charge.  I had it on the charger all day and it only charge 5%. 

I swapped out the USB cord for another one I had and within 3 hours I was fully charged. 

Hp has the outlet adapter that supports the charging of the slate 7, but do they have a USB cord that will continue to support and not die out after a couple weeks use? 

HP Recommended

In my case, I was finally able to get the pad to charge, but only after unplugging and reconnecting charger/cord/pad about 20 times.  As far as I'm aware, none of the connections was at all loose, so I'm not sure how/why this would have fixed the issue.  It appears that I'll need to do this each time I try to charge the pad now?  Will call support and see what they have to say.

HP Recommended

Need help HP slate not working I tried different cords and still no charge the icon would appear and vanish someone please help

HP Recommended

Hi Dr3amchas3rMik3,

I understand your Slate 7 is not charging with different cords. I was wondering if you tried different USB ports on your computer. Also, try a different computer. If you are connecting with the AC adapter make sure it is not going to a surge protector, splitter or extension cord, as these cause issues. It should be connect to a direct wall outlet.

Let me know how this goes.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

In my case, it was the charging port that had failed.  I sent it back to HP for repair under warranty.

HP Recommended

i tried on different ports and still no charge and i didnt purchase it from hp i bought on qvc.com

HP Recommended

Regardless of where it was purchased, you should be able to check on HP.com to see if it is still under warranty and, if so, call the HP tech support folks who will walk through possible solutions with you.

Check warranty status here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/weInput?cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=5376605

If under warranty, call:

1-800-474-6836 (1-800 HP INVENT)

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.