Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a Wimdows 8 tablet, the Stream 7 by Hewlett-Packard. Im trying to find how to default it to factory settings, and all ive found on these boards is about Omni, so yeah. Any help guys?

26 REPLIES 26
HP Recommended

If you hold the volume button down while powering up, there is a F11 option called "System Recovery".

HP Recommended

I need to hard reset to factory settings on my HP Stream 7 Tablet. I can't find anything about it in Google Search. Can I get some help?

HP Recommended

I tried holding down the volume while powering up, but nothing  happens. No F11 anywhere to be seen.

HP Recommended
You do this from the Charms bar. Swipe in from the right on the Metro tile screen. Select the image of the gear for settings. At the bottom is a link that says "Change PC Setting." Select this link.

You will now be at PC settings. Choose the bottom option, "Update and recovery." Then choose "Recovery." You want to pick "Remove everything and reinstall Windows." Follow the prompts from there. I always choose the full wipe, as I've had issues with files left behind when I went with the quicker option.
HP Recommended

worked like a charm for me. thx

HP Recommended

Is it possible to factory reset My Stream 7 from bios?

HP Recommended

System Restore Utility on the Notebook

If the operating system is a Windows Mobile Internet Experience, then press the "Esc" button continuously while you still see the "F10 = Setup Options" on the screen. Choose "System Restore" and press "Enter." For Windows 7, 8, XP, and Vista, press F11 every second until the Recovery Manager shows up. Follow the instructions on the screen to restore the computer. Before doing the System Restore, make sure to back up your personal files, music, photographs, videos, and other data onto a flash drive or anexternal hard drive. After restoring or recovering the computer, you can transfer all these files back to the HP Mini.

HP Recommended
I did everything you said to do now it's saying I need a password to recover the HP factory reset it
HP Recommended
Thank you for your help. I was able to reset my HP Stream 7 without having to go to the store.

Txstarr
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.