Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I tried this and I got a Bios reset
HP Recommended
I tried all of this but I had no luck. To tell you guys the truth, I installed windows 10 on my micro SD and deleted the file entirely. I was hoping to have a factory reset or maybe some suggestions on how to hard reset my HP Stream 7, but I realized my mistake much too late. I tried system restore, but it's not an option on the system recovery and BIOS setup(the only tabs are Main, Security, System Configuration, and Exit). When I hold the power button and both volume rockers, the BIOS is rewritten but nothing changes.
HP Recommended

My Daughter got into my Stream 7 HP tablet and recalibrated it so I can not use the touchscreen this pretty much makes it useless is there a way to factory reset it without having to use the touchscreen, I tried the button thing too and it didnt do anything.

HP Recommended

Hi, if you have an OTG adapter, you could connect a keyboard and mouse and fix the touchscreen calibration within Windows.  Otherwise, holding the volume down button while powering up would enter the BIOS setup menu and the F11 option will start the system recovery option.  Or did you already try that and the touchscreen did not work there either?

HP Recommended
Any suggestions if, when following the reset to factory/remove everything option I just keep receiving the error "There Was a Problem Resetting Your PC"?
HP Recommended

IvoryAngel,

You will need to contact HP Support directly and have them send you the recovery USB media for Windows 8.1 with Bing.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

Unless you upgraded to Windows 10 already, in which you would just need to clean install that with a USB drive made via the Windows media creation tool.

Also you would need an OTG adapter and 4 port usb hub (both of which are cheap online), wired keyboard and mouse.

Note: if you already upgraded to Windows 10, the HP recovery partition will be rendered unusable.

HP Recommended
Thank you! I will try that.
HP Recommended

how do i create a restore point? 

HP Recommended

dom_erbacher

Please start your own thread and include the full model number/product number of your computer so we can better assist you. Also, do not post the serial number please.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

sorry, i found it anyway. in future I'll start my own threads. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.