cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Coles_J
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Stream 7 Factory reset/Hard reset

I have a Wimdows 8 tablet, the Stream 7 by Hewlett-Packard. Im trying to find how to default it to factory settings, and all ive found on these boards is about Omni, so yeah. Any help guys?

0 Kudos
26 REPLIES 26
Level 10
1,580 1,570 133 307
Message 2 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you hold the volume button down while powering up, there is a F11 option called "System Recovery".

0 Kudos
RocknRon
Level 1
2 2 0 3
Message 3 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I need to hard reset to factory settings on my HP Stream 7 Tablet. I can't find anything about it in Google Search. Can I get some help?

0 Kudos
RocknRon
Level 1
2 2 0 3
Message 4 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried holding down the volume while powering up, but nothing  happens. No F11 anywhere to be seen.

Briareos
Level 1
3 3 0 3
Message 5 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You do this from the Charms bar. Swipe in from the right on the Metro tile screen. Select the image of the gear for settings. At the bottom is a link that says "Change PC Setting." Select this link.

You will now be at PC settings. Choose the bottom option, "Update and recovery." Then choose "Recovery." You want to pick "Remove everything and reinstall Windows." Follow the prompts from there. I always choose the full wipe, as I've had issues with files left behind when I went with the quicker option.
eddygordo57
2 1 0 0
Message 6 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended

worked like a charm for me. thx

0 Kudos
sandroanania
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is it possible to factory reset My Stream 7 from bios?

0 Kudos
Kattz12
2 2 0 1
Message 8 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended

System Restore Utility on the Notebook

If the operating system is a Windows Mobile Internet Experience, then press the "Esc" button continuously while you still see the "F10 = Setup Options" on the screen. Choose "System Restore" and press "Enter." For Windows 7, 8, XP, and Vista, press F11 every second until the Recovery Manager shows up. Follow the instructions on the screen to restore the computer. Before doing the System Restore, make sure to back up your personal files, music, photographs, videos, and other data onto a flash drive or anexternal hard drive. After restoring or recovering the computer, you can transfer all these files back to the HP Mini.

Mack74
2 2 0 0
Message 9 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did everything you said to do now it's saying I need a password to recover the HP factory reset it
0 Kudos
Txstarr
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 27
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help. I was able to reset my HP Stream 7 without having to go to the store.

Txstarr
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation