Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been having lots of problems with the text Messaging app. One problem was receiving images in text messages. It would just say "Downloading" and not get the image. Other problem is texts not coming in at all once the phone has been sitting overnight. There seems to also be a hand off problem when leaving the home wifi. Data will work on the phone, but I cannot send or receive texts. I have to power off the phone. I am testing with wifi off all the time.
I tried APN settings for Verizon, but wonky behavior remains. I just did a phone reset.
I'm considering returning the phone.
Anyone with an x3 on Verizon having problems?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Having this exact same problem. I'm on Verizon and all of a sudden I won't be able to send messages. Then I'll reboot the phone and will be able to send messages, but there will also be messages from the last 24 hours that I never received sitting in my messaging app. 

What it seems is happening is at some point, messaging stops working altogether, but you have no way of knowing when that happens. A phone reboot is necessary to fix whatever the issue is. 

This is happening to me at least once every 2-3 days, but could be more frequent.  Finally just started digging into the problem today, but its been ongoing since I set up the phone. 

HP Recommended

I exchanged the phone for another. I knew it would not help, but the MS store people said to try.

It didn't help. I ended up returning the phone.

Too bad, it was a nice phone otherwise.

-ps

HP Recommended

I too am having this problem.  I even reimaged my phone with the new image released under the recovery tool.  Still SMS stops after 24 hours or so, and needs a reboot.

HP Recommended

So HP wants to send me a phone.. likely a refurb.. but I am not confident that will solve the problem.

HP Recommended

Turns out the problem was VOLTE not active on my Verizon acct.  Now my LTE speeds are back and text seems better.  Voice calls sound completely different in the same hardware now.. but I have a working phone!

HP Recommended

I've been having this same issue since I purchased the phone in December of 2017. I am not receiving all of my text messages. People will text me in my presence and nothing...nada. I also can't send texts regularly. I get an error message and a "try again" option. No matter how many times I click "try again," the text won't send. The only remedy for sending messages is to restart the phone. THIS MUST BE FIXED if you want customers to continue using these devices! 

HP Recommended

Check VOLTE with customer service.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.