cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Imanie66
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

User profile

HP Recommended
HP Laptop 17-bs0xx

The person who bought the laptop registered it under their name instead of leaving it for me to register myself and now I can’t change it and I’m scared to put my info in there just in case they can have access to it.  Every time I download something it’s in their name or if I try to connect my phone it says their phone and their PC . I need to find a way to re register it in my name so I don’t have to worry about anyone having access to my info. Should I factory restore it so it could be like new and unused? 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,293 119,470 19,521 29,830
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

I recommend that you factory reset the notebook and set it up for your own use as if you were the original owner.

You can also do that with the HP cloud recovery tool.

Here is an info link for how to use the cloud recover tool.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

0 Kudos
Imanie66
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks! I’ll try and see if it works 

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,293 119,470 19,521 29,830
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation