Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Stream 7 5700no
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi.

I'm trying to reinstall windows 10 on my HP Stream 7 (5700no), but i just can't get it to work.

Once the installer starts up, and i'm at the screen where i select language and keyboard layout, the installer freezes, and i can't get any further. The system doesnt responds to the touch interface, and using a usb hub with a mouse and keyboard connected doesnt work either.

I have made a bootable usb with both rufus, and the Windows Media Creation tool, but whenever i reached the forementioned point in the install, i can't get any further. It seem's to be a device specific problem, since the usb keys works fine on other pc's.

I have tried using a different usb key, but the problem is still there. I have tried running the installer with SecureBoot either enabled, or disabled, neither makes any difference. I have also tried to reset the BIOS.

Now i have reached a point, where i don't know what to do, and i can't seem to find any answers online.

The whole problem started, after i installed Android-x86 on the device, and by a stupid mistake i installed Grub over the Windows Bootloader, which resulted in me not being able to get into windows 10 on the tablet. Now i can only boot Android-x86, so i thought to either reinstall windows, og repair the bootloader through CMD in the windows installer, but that is hard when the installer is not responding to any input.

Have anyone tried something similar, and is there a fix for it out there? I am truly scratching my head.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Make sure you delete all partitions off the disk during the fresh Windows 10 installation, instructions are here.  Also use a powered USB hub.  I expect the keyboard is working up until the point of the language selection?  It might help to update the BIOS to the latest firmware also.

HP Recommended

I did use a powered USB hub. But yes, the keyboard works until the installer boots up, then no kind of input works. The BIOS is already the latest version available.

HP Recommended

I have a Stream 7 and have done numerous fresh Windows 10 installs without a problem. You did not mention whether you wiped the disk clean, it sounds like you may be trying to retain Android and install Windows as a dual boot?  I have installed Linux as a dual boot but only after installing Windows first by booting from the Windows install media and wiping the disk first.

HP Recommended

I am not trying to retain android. My problem is that no matter what i do, the windows installer won't let me do anything, i never get to the part where i can format the drive. I'm at the point where the tablet is a paper weight to me.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.