Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp slate 7 Voicetab Ultra
Android 4.4 - 4.4.4 KitKat

hi guys!

I've a problem with my hp slate 7 voicetab ultra: I can't turn it on. It seems dead! :Crying:

I tried to follow the instruction and reinstall the original rom available on the HP site, but my tablet doesn't show any menu on display.

Also, when I try to recharge it, the notification led does not light up.

Please, help me!

Thanks in advance,

Domenico.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@dom92,

Good Day.  Thank you for taking an interest in the HP community. I understand that you require assistance regarding issues with the slate 7 going dead. I will be really glad to assist you here. 🙂

Fabulous description and superb diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this:

• Did this happen after a recent power outage or surge?

For now, try these steps:

• Please perform a hard boot on the Slate 7 by following these steps:
  • Disconnect the charger first.
  • Then press and hold the power button for about 20 seconds.
  • Then connect the charger back and check if it fires up and the battery chargers.

For further assistance please check this link: https://hp.care/2zYGaMW  and follow the relevant steps that best describe your issue.

If the issue continues, then it is a hardware issue with the Slate. Please contact HP phone support in this regard for further assistance. I am being honest about it by keeping your best interest in mind.

Please follow these instructions to contact HP phone support:

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: 

1. Click on this link – https://hp.care/2moMFSc
  2. 2) Click on “Continue as guest”.
  3. 3) Enter the serial of your device.
  4. 4) Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. 5) Click on “Show Options”.

Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

Perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. Good luck to you. I will keep a watch for your response.  

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I followed your advice but the display does not show signs of life. It all happened after downloading the update from the HP site. I had the b105 version before and since the b106 version is available on the site, I decided to update my tablet. 😥 I don't know why, also because at the end of installation my tablet showed me a green OK message.
HP Recommended

@dom92

Thank you for your reply. 

As @DavidSMP is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. 

You have been fabulous to work with considering your superb technical skills and valuable patience. Kudos to you for that. 

I have reviewed your case and the results point towards a hardware issue with the tablet. I suggest you to contact our HP phone support team to explore the available service options as per the warranty:

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  

1. Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
  2. 2) Click on “Continue as guest”.
  3. 3) Enter the serial of your device.
  4. 4) Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. 5) Click on “Show Options”.

Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Good luck! 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.