Note on archived topics.
02-24-2015 09:21 PM
My child has forgotten their password for the tablet, im trying to do a factory reset by pressing the power button & the volumne + button, ive tried numerous times but it keeps on going back to the password menu (which is the 1st menu we get when we turn the tablet on) ive tried holding it for 1 second, 30secons etc & i still cant get to the other menu... help please
02-26-2015 08:48 AM
Hi Try this
- With the tablet powered off, press and hold the volume up (+) button and power button at the same time.
- When the Android system recovery menu displays, use the volume down (-) button to highlight Wipe data/factory reset.Figure : Wipe data/factory reset
- Press the power button to select.
- The screen displays Confirm wipe of all user data? THIS CAN NOT BE UNDONE. Use the volume down (-) button to highlight Yes -- delete all user data.Figure : Confirm wipe of all user data
- Press the power button to confirm and begin the reset.
- A recovery system screen shows the reset process. Wait for the reset process to complete.
- When the screen displays the message Data wipe complete, highlight reboot system now, and then press the power button to select.Figure : Reboot system nowWait for the tablet to reboot.
- The factory reset is complete. Set up the tablet by following the steps in the HP support document Setting Up Your HP Tablet.
***** Click the Thumbs UP (Like) on the Right to say 'Thanks'*****
****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Thumbs up "if it solves your problem.****
Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
03-05-2015 06:19 PM
Does the tablet work at all?
Hardware failures are hard to fix from this side of your monitor... You need to contact HP directly.
To contact HP directly, click this link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/
Outside the USA:
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!
If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
03-16-2016 10:19 PM
Have you had any luck asking about resetting your HP tablet?
Like you, Ive tried the reset instruction as often as you did and cant get to the Reset section at all. All it does every time is to open the tablet - as usual.