Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
lc200w

I can connect my android to the lc200w camera for a few seconds, but then I'm prompted to accept terms of service for this hotspot, meaning the camera. The lc220w does not offer terms of service to agree to , so the connection is dropped. How can I use this camera?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello, @zideo – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for reaching out! I’m here to help!

I see that you are facing issues with the lc200w Wi-Fi Ca. Did you try and install the HP Pixi Cam app?

This app is needed to control, and use the camera with your Android device.

If the app is not installed, try to install the app from the play store and then check again.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Yes I'm using the pixi cam app on android. The wifi connection to the camera lasts a few seconds, then asks me to accept terms of service, forcing a disconnect.  How can I use this camera?

HP Recommended

@zideo

Hi,

as @Dvortex is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. I truly appreciate your efforts and patience. 

I did some research and following are a few suggestions that could be attempted to further resolve the issue:

• When the camera is connected to the wifi, download and install a firmware update for it via this HP link

Once the firmware is successfully installed, the camera should be restarted.

If the issue persists then you may uninstall and reinstall the HP Pixi Cam app.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

I have remedied the problem. I connected the lc200w to an hp laptop via usb cable. I then used "drag-n-drop" to put the file "i5.brn" from the link http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/i5.brn onto the lc200w's memory card at the root level. I then rebooted the lc200w and am now able to use the camera.  Please know that hp's website says to double click the file i5.brn to install it, but this will not work, as the pc has no idea of what to do with the file.

HP Recommended

@zideo

Thank you for your reply. 

Fabulous analysis. Spectacular diagnosis of the issue. Kudos to you for that.

And thank you for bringing this up about the double click on the i5.brn file. I truly appreciate it.

Take care and wishing you a very Happy upcoming New Year! 🙂

HP Recommended

My lc200w have the same problem

I install hp pixi cam, connect through my android phone via wifi ok, but the issue is when i try to add camera,, message pop up "connect camera wifi" ,

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.