Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i turned it off now i can't get it to turn back on i have tried a diffrerent cord tried plugging it in to my computer nothing

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sometimes I find I have to hold the button for 15-20 seconds.

If this does not work then you can hard reset your Touchpad by holding the button at the top of the screen and the small black button slightly below and center on the screen for fifteen seconds. It is easier to feel the black button with your fingertip than to see it unless you look at an angle.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

115 REPLIES 115
HP Recommended

Hold the button at the top of the screen in. Sometimes it take a while for it to boot up.

Which OS is installed?

Has your touchpad been charged recently?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Sometimes I find I have to hold the button for 15-20 seconds.

If this does not work then you can hard reset your Touchpad by holding the button at the top of the screen and the small black button slightly below and center on the screen for fifteen seconds. It is easier to feel the black button with your fingertip than to see it unless you look at an angle.

HP Recommended

Thank you the hard reset worked.  I was wondering why i could not find how to reset in the instruction

Thanks again

HP Recommended
You are quite welcome. 🙂

HP Recommended

It work!  Thanks for the tip.  I thought it was bricked.

HP Recommended

thank you so much i just bought hp touchpad and i was shocked when it was not turninh on..but after read ur solution i applied and it is working...felt better..thank you so much..

HP Recommended

Having the same problem. Difference It had cyanogen installed, dual boot. I clicked on a game and it just froze. Had full charge since i just unpllugged it.  I hit the power off button and sudenly a crakling sound came from the speaker and died. Now it would not turn on. The funny thing this is my son HP. 

HP Recommended

Press the power button and the button in the bottom middle ( hard back key ) and it will do a hard reset and turn on.  Works everytime.  I had same problem and have a dual boot.  Once it was necessary to hold down the power button, the volymn up key and the menu (back key) at the same time to get a reboot.  Hope this helps.

Mark

{Personal Information Removed}

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot. That worked a treat!

One extra thing with mine was the 'connected as a USB' device icon permanently on the screen. Not sure what happened but ever so slightly annoying....

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.