Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

After so many unsuccessful attempts, it worked for me when I tried holding top silver button and pressed home button several times.

It was showing me usb icon and was not going away.. Good Luck,

HP Recommended

i found solution. i connect my hp to my computer with the original cable and press and hold the power (hold) then the home key (hold)for about 20sec or more. first somehow check if there is battery in it, just take a good guess. and when it first connect to the pc, there should be a connection notice sound, thats how you know there still something there

HP Recommended

THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!!! YOU SAVED MY TABLET!! :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

thanks so much.

I really thought I lost it.

HP Recommended

Are you refering the power button by mentioning  'button at the top' ?

I couldn't find the small black button. 

Please help

with regards

Sumesh

HP Recommended

My touchpad wont respond to chargers, or pc connections.  It was charged and plugged in and was loosing charge as it was being used even plugged in with the indicator on. I charged over night with two different cables. I have held down the buttons and nothing. when i plug it into the pc, it doesnt even come up that it is in computer.  i switch devices with same cable and my cell comes up on pc.  help

HP Recommended

What a coincedence...

I am having the same problem... I used it a few days ago.. Yesterday I picked up again and it was unresponsive. Tried different chargers including USB in Laptop, power+home, power+home+volume etc.  No luck.  At one point, I did hear a beep on laptop as if it recognized but saw nothing in Windows.

HP Touchpad 32GB

Bought last thanksgiving [Nov 2011]

Not sure if it is screen or something more serious...  There is NO physical damage or abuse!!

Does it have any warranty recourse from HP or American Express?

Please advise...

HP Recommended

My tablet also did not turn on! I tried all the ways suggested in the forum and it would still not work.

Then my partner realized that even though the charger was plugged in, it wasn't actually charging because the connection was not right unless you pushed up on the part of the charger that connects directly into the tablet, (you can place a pen under it to keep it in place). Next step was to press the top right silver button simultaneously with the center bottom button (below screen) for a few seconds until you see the white light on that button flashing. This suggested it was charging, so we waited a night and next morning, we were able to turn on the tablet with the silver button on the top right. I hope this helps others who are just about ready to throw out their tablet like I was!

mamamene2

HP Recommended

Hi, I haved tried everything that was listed on the forum to try and get my touch pad to come alive and it is still dead. Any other suggestions?

Thank you

HP Recommended

I have tried everything that was listed in the forum to try and get my touchpad to turn back on and it is still dead. Are there any other things to try?

Thank you Billie Jo

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.