Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I got it going again after three days of trying 🙂 Plugged it into the PC again, pressed a few buttons, pow! 🙂

HP Recommended

The reason I had to come here was because I pressed the reset-tablet option in the settings.

IT worked fine before this, no problems.  I hit reset-all, not the 'secure' method.  Then it never restarted!

So now I'm trying all this stuff to try to get it to work again.

it was not charged for a long time, so I'm thinking when I reset it, it lost power during the reset which jacked it up.

Any suggestions?

Most of the time, it sits at the "HP" bubble and never boots up.  But I can't tell what it's doing.  Other times if I plug it into a differet power source and restart it, it will tell me to charge it with the factory charger.  Then a battery symbol comes up that shows a red bar as if it's not charged.

But its been plugged in via the factory charger for two days.  Unit gets pretty warm.  So not sure.

Any suggestions from you guys would be great.  I've tried just about everything I've read in here, no luck.

HP Recommended

Hey guys,

I have done the power button/middle below the screen button in past with success but all I get now is a battery icon that looks like it needs to charge but the icon doesn't go away and it's preventing me from booting the tablet up. Do you have any suggestions?

HP Recommended

By the button at the bottom of the screen I have a little light in the button that keeps flashing side to side within the button. Tried the reset by holding both buttons and nothing. No charge or wont turn on.

HP Recommended

This thread will help you guys. When you have the depleted battery symbol on your screen  you need to reset the TP with the power button and the back button (on the bottom center of the TP) pressed simultaneously for 10 seconds and it will start itself normally, charging the battery. If this not works from the first time then wait for an our or two for battery to recharge itself a little bit, then do the procedure again. At least mine worked that way.

HP Recommended

None of this worked for mine.

In the trash bin it goes.

HP Recommended

Don't give up on it so easily. I tried to revive it almost all day an finally I succeded.

HP Recommended
Doing what? I've done everything people have said here.
HP Recommended

What if my Tablet does n,t have the black button . It just Has one turn off And on button what do I do?

HP Recommended

@notnoo wrote:

What if my Tablet does n,t have the black button . It just Has one turn off And on button what do I do?

If you don't have the center (home) button, then you do not have an HP TouchPad!

Look again - if holding the tablet with the screen facing you, and speakers pointed down, the center button is on the front at the 3 o'clock position.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.